Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best hunts lately was from a $1000 bag of loose coins. I ended up with over 200 40%.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I found an 1899 Barber half in a bank bag. Run, don't walk, to the bank and get it.

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
The only problem you may have is that they could possibly shortchange you. Another could be that when they get the coins back, you could be standing for awhile while they count them, making sure you didn't shortchange them. There's one bank I used to go to that had this one cashier (there's always 'that one' cashier) that would count all my coin rolls, either in the machine or by hand, every time I would take it in. Then she would make a fuss saying that they were being shorchanged 12 cents this time! :o Seriously. She would make a big stink about 12 cents. And because of that 12 cents, and all the other times she was snippy, I would recommend to anyone never to bank there. So now that I'm done with my rantings, good luck! :D

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get quite a few different reactions, including the ever present "what are these?", which mostly comes from younger people. Some folks love to get them, some dont like it, but for them I say "hey, its legal tender".

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
When I went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee the woman asked me what it was. I was tempted to tell her it was a dollar.

It reminds me of a story I read in the local paper a while back:

PHILADELPHIA: At first glance it looked like the real thing, so store clerk Kathryn Miller was happy to accept the $US200 bill as payment – and even make change.

The bill did carry a picture of President George W. Bush, but he is not one of the presidents who appear on the US currency and in any case there is no such thing as a $200 bill.

That did not stop Miller, who works at Fashion Bug, a women's clothing store in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, from taking the bill in payment for an item costing $99.

She also gave change to Deborah Trautwine, a resident of nearby Jeanette, said Jeanne Martin, a spokeswoman for the state police in Greensburg.

"Anyone with any bit of knowledge should have recognised that it wasn't the real thing," Martin said.

Trautwine, who was located by police on the basis of information from the clothing store, was charged with forgery, theft by deception, and receiving stolen property.

The bill was probably a joke rather than a forgery, said Martin. "It was some sort of gag money," she said.

She didn't know whether Miller still works at Fashion Bug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread