If a Barber baby was born in Hong Kong in 1899...

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He would have been a she, and called Victoria, would be 80% silver, and would look like this:

dv56kh.jpg
VtnoD.jpg

Needless to say, one of my coolest dime CRH finds to date, and oldest wild coin finds. Just one box of MWR dimes yesterday and I found her, and a rosie. It is amazing how well kept this coin is, and is the furthest silver I have found too.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that a really neat find. That is my other favorite thing about dime boxes. You get a better chance of finding the older foreign coins as a lot of them are the same size . HH

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Cool find! I got a Hong Kong dollar on a box of halves, but it wasn't silver. Congrats!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool find, love foreign silvers, and for 113 years old, she's still in nice shape!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool looking Coin !

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
that a really neat find. That is my other favorite thing about dime boxes. You get a better chance of finding the older foreign coins as a lot of them are the same size . HH

You are quite correct. I just found a 1/2 Fr. coin in a roll of dimes. I'd found several before, but decided to look this one up, at it's dated 1969 to see if it's silver. Alas, Switzerland stopped minting silver 1/2 Francs in 1967, but I did find out that the coin is worth 53 cents! I always assumed it was worth less than a dime.

Gotta love the foreign stuff!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coin.. I would love to find one of those.. I have had so many foreign clad coins lately.. Nothing like finding some sweet foreign silver though..

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's cool!
Any numismatic value there? I don't know squat about foreign coin but if its 1899 and in good condition it's probably worth a bit.

I wish the Crh forum had its own banner. I would def vote this.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a sweet find. My farthest it the Philippines, but those were minted in America

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Any numismatic value there? I don't know squat about foreign coin but if its 1899 and in good condition it's probably worth a bit.

It is just worth melt, I checked it with my catalog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread