Custom break open a roll of wheat cent i won on Ebay !

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a roll of unsearched wheat cent on ebay, received it today, obviously the package has been opened. Instead of having the roll sealed, one side of the roll has been tear up, half the roll cents were loose inside the enveloppe. What a bunch of unprofessional jerks. If you wanted to look inside the roll go ahead, but can you have the courtesy to seal it back up after ? I dunno a simple piece of tape would have done the job.

Attachments

• roll.jpg
    roll.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

ZSandmann

Oct 23, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My first post here, but buying "unsearched" wheat rolls on feebay was how I started CRH again. Rule of thumb... Every "unsearched" roll of wheaties on Ebay, is searched.

Still got some indians and wheaties I needed for my albums though.

OP
OP
K

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first post here, but buying "unsearched" wheat rolls on feebay was how I started CRH again. Rule of thumb... Every "unsearched" roll of wheaties on Ebay, is searched.

Still got some indians and wheaties I needed for my albums though.

That roll wasnt bad, i found 1 mercury dime (yeah).... 3 IH, 2 steel and 5 1920 or less. But my point is about how unprofessional custom is.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't you heard of hand crimpers? At least you got a few keepers, but I am surprised you and lots of people fall for it.. Now that he gave you a roll with some keepers.. I would assume the more you order the worse it gets.. Nothin but scams..

ZSandmann

Oct 23, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh I see now, you're in Canada and customs searched the pennies. I missed that on first read, yeah try taking a Kinder chocolate egg back to the US. XD

OP
OP
K

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't you heard of hand crimpers? At least you got a few keepers, but I am surprised you and lots of people fall for it.. Now that he gave you a roll with some keepers.. I would assume the more you order the worse it gets.. Nothin but scams..

Yeah i know about hand crimpers. I tend to trust peoples, yeah call me stupid if you want, but when i buy unsearched rolls i generally look at the feedback, if the sellers is selling lot of them and get all but positive feedbacks, i guess it's good enough for me. So far i bough 3 rolls from 2 different sellers and i've been very happy with the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread