Id admit, I was skeptical...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I'd admit, I was skeptical...

very skeptical about all the claims recently of people finding solid rolls of silver. Granted, I've only been doing this for a year and a half, and I've found a solid roll's worth out of multiple CWR's, but never a whole solid roll before.

Yesterday, I stopped by a small bank I usually don't frequent, as I know one of the tellers there actively CRHs herself for silver; we've talked about it before. Nonetheless, I hadn't been by in a long while, and took the chance that maybe she wasn't there. No dice; she was waiting for me. "Sorry, no halves" she says. :nono: The teller next to her pipes up, "if you're looking for halves, there's a bunch at" the other branch he works at. I noticed the teller who CRHs gives no visible reaction, so I'm sure these are searched as well, and decide not to make a special trip, as the branch in question is near where I work, and I was on my way home.

Today, however, I dumped some coins on my lunch break, and stopped by the one branch to see what they had. Sure enough, the head teller says she's got $150 in halves in her vault. With continued skepticism, I tell her I'll take them all. She brings them out, and starts loading them into a box, where I see there's about 5 different wrapper types, some of which I've never seen before. :o

With no expectations whatsoever, I open a few rolls on my way back to work. I know, I know, I shouldn't CRH in the car while driving, but I do it carefully; I open the roll and empty it into my hand while keeping my eyes on the road, listening to hear if any sound different. First roll, nothing but clad. Second roll, nothing but clad. Third roll, and I hear a higher than usual pitched "clink". Quickly looking down, I see a 1968 half! Holy smokes, I might get lucky after all! Next roll had another 40% half. I empty the fifth roll into my hand, and they all sound different. I glance down, and see...

DSC04613.JPG

solid roll of silver! All 40%'s, granted, but still! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Next roll, I hear some clinking, and see...

DSC04617.JPG

10 more! The next few rolls have one each, then...

DSC04619.JPG

5 more!

The total haul - out of $150 in CWR halves:

3 x 1966
13 x 1967
22 x 1968
4 x 1969

:headbang:

DSC04620.JPG

WOW!!! I'm a believer! Good luck to you all, and HH!

FT

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful!! congrats!

.....the "myth of the CWR "continues...... I can't find em.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were more a few years ago: solid roll of Bens, solid roll of 64s, solid roll of Walkers, solid roll of mixed 90%ers, etc.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul! Love the pictures "as found". Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score there FT, it's a great feeeling, I've only had it happen once for me too so far. HH, Maverick.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
GREAT story...thanks for sharing. And the pics are awesome :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread