2010 P Half: Is it worth keeping?

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's worth about .75-1.00 many people will disagree but I have sold them for profit before so if people want let them hate. They are called NIFC( not intended for circulation) there just like proofs and commemoratives, they were purchased in sets not distributed to banks to be circulated(more or less) Then people accidentally or intentionally released them into the wild for you and I to enjoy. I've saved everyone I ever came across. Since I date check anyway, why not?

Last edited:

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I used to save NIFC's then I had thousands, cashed them in and turned the capital into more boxes and never looked back.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to save NIFC's then I had thousands, cashed them in and turned the capital into more boxes and never looked back.
Yea, I would never let my nifc hurt my bankroll. Why would you save thousands of them? The idea is to sell them.

OP
OP
J

jamin_03

Jul 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washinton
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So even though the one I have is in a moderate condition. It's still worth keeping?

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Easy said:
Yea, I would never let my nifc hurt my bankroll. Why would you save thousands of them? The idea is to sell them.

Probably for the same reason you are able to sell them, potential collector value. When I restrategized my half hunting and found silver veins again, I needed the extra cash to buy more boxes each week and that is why I got rid of them. The silver I find is much more valuable than nifcs will ever be. I would try to sell them, but I don't have the time for minimal profits so I throw them back along with proofs. I figure I will let the kids and newbies get those since I have been blessed with being able to cull a fair amount of silver the last couple years.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably for the same reason you are able to sell them, potential collector value. When I restrategized my half hunting and found silver veins again, I needed the extra cash to buy more boxes each week and that is why I got rid of them. The silver I find is much more valuable than nifcs will ever be. I would try to sell them, but I don't have the time for minimal profits so I throw them back along with proofs. I figure I will let the kids and newbies get those since I have been blessed with being able to cull a fair amount of silver the last couple years.

Yea, trying to hang on to them for a long time to increase value I think is the wrong play. I think they will eventually be worth quite a bit it would take way to much time and if its affecting bankroll that's a super duper no no. Lol

As far as minimal profits... To each his own. If your really cleaning up on silver I get it. But for most of us that average one silver a box. Lets say I pull 10 nifc ? That's an extra 5 bucks profit bumping my average to 5 bucks silver to 5 bucks silver and 5 bucks cash to buy silver with....
I'm actually glad most don't care about small profits.., because then there would be none for me to make !

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Easy said:
Yea, trying to hang on to them for a long time to increase value I think is the wrong play. I think they will eventually be worth quite a bit it would take way to much time and if its affecting bankroll that's a super duper no no. Lol

As far as minimal profits... To each his own. If your really cleaning up on silver I get it. But for most of us that average one silver a box. Lets say I pull 10 nifc ? That's an extra 5 bucks profit bumping my average to 5 bucks silver to 5 bucks silver and 5 bucks cash to buy silver with....
I'm actually glad most don't care about small profits.., because then there would be none for me to make !

Agree completely. If I wasn't having the success I am, I would look into it as well because it all helps in the end. When I started crhing last year it was slim pickins for me, but luckily I made the right changes that have netted me some nice finds. Persistence is key in this hobby.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackOut said:
Agree completely. If I wasn't having the success I am, I would look into it as well because it all helps in the end. When I started crhing last year it was slim pickins for me, but luckily I made the right changes that have netted me some nice finds. Persistence is key in this hobby.

Yea every time I pull a crappy clad commemorative. I slap it on the bay and it sells overnight. A couple days and a couple double clicks later some 90% silver dimes show up in my mailbox!

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Easy said:
Yea every time I pull a crappy clad commemorative. I slap it on the bay and it sells overnight. A couple days and a couple double clicks later some 90% silver dimes show up in my mailbox!

Good way to still score cheap silver without finding it in rolls. Sounds like it is working well for you. What is the largest lot of nifcs you have sold? If I was able to sell a few hundred at a time for a decent profit, then that would be worth it.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good way to still score cheap silver without finding it in rolls. Sounds like it is working well for you. What is the largest lot of nifcs you have sold? If I was able to sell a few hundred at a time for a decent profit, then that would be worth it.

I dont want to get into details. I dont need any competition if you know what i mean.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for throwing NIFCs and proofs back into the wild!. I'm still at the point where I save them to fill out an album. If and when I ever have a surplus I can think about selling versus throwing them back.

My recent boxes haven't given up any NIFCs or proofs, let alone silver, so enough folks must be culling the unusual clad.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Easy said:
I dont want to get into details. I dont need any competition if you know what i mean.

Good thinking. You could learn a lot more from me than I could from you so glad to know where we stand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread