Transportation of Coins Starting to Get Heavy...Containers/Bags?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks,

After getting pretty much hooked on CRHing, I am finding that the weight of carrying the $2K worth of half dollars in and out of the bank is starting to get cumbersome. When I was only hunting $500 worth once or twice a week it wasn't as big of a deal. But now I'm close to $10K a week and I'm starting to "feel the pain" of lugging around all of that metal. Does anybody have any suggestions on ways to make the transportation easier? I am currently using a really sturdy Tupperware container.

Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use your arms. I carry all my boxes. Good workout. I've definitely added some upper body muscle, both in my arms and my shoulders/back.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not advocating the consumption of alchohol but what I will say from what my "uncle" told me is that 500.00 half dollars will fit comfortably in a 1/2 gallon bag from a bottle of Crown Royal and a liter bag will hold 250.00 quite swell as well. Not that I personally would know anything about this I am merely relaying information I have been told.

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
Xiao en said:
Im not advocating the consumption of alchohol but what I will say from what my "uncle" told me is that 500.00 half dollars will fit comfortably in a 1/2 gallon bag from a bottle of Crown Royal and a liter bag will hold 250.00 quite swell as well. Not that I personally would know anything about this I am merely relaying information I have been told.

I carried mine by hand in a pair of $2.99 Lowe's bucket and then added a folding two wheeler from Northern Tool ($39). Keeps the shirts from getting too dirty and you don't need to set them down to open the car door.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stick with a "as much as I can carry" method... this way I am not overburdening myself or the banks with coins.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
I stick with a "as much as I can carry" method... this way I am not overburdening myself or the banks with coins.

Great minds think alike!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just buy a cart, I use one all the time. You just have to park near the wheel chair ramp.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I muscle my coins. It puts hair on my chest.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hire a porter. Give them a gun and call them a security guard. Take both as tax deduction as cost of doing business. It's a "win-win" situation.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Question..Why do you buy half dollars from the bank what do you find that you get so many ???? Or do you just like half dollars ??

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Question..Why do you buy half dollars from the bank what do you find that you get so many ???? Or do you just like half dollars ??

They're the perfect size/weight to throw at a lazy tella homie

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In terms of picking up from banks, I figure if I am having a problem carrying my order out of the branch, well I may quickly resolve that problem by being cut off. In terms of dumping, canvas bags, also same idea...if I have trouble carrying my dump into the bank, I am probably dumping too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread