Years For Silver

PAyoungin

Dec 8, 2006
Schuylkill County, PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Hopefully
This may be a dumb question or I may need to do a bit more research but in what years do dimes, nickels and quarters stop consisting of 40%silver (if I even have that fact right)? And is it worth saving pre-1960?? xoins in hope of later selling them for there value in silver. Also does anyone know how many pre-1960?? quarters, dimes and nickels it would take to equal one pound (or one ounce for that matter) of silver? Any answers would be a great help.
Thanks Again
PAyoungin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PAyoungin

Dec 8, 2006
Schuylkill County, PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Hopefully
Believe it or not right after I wrote that I found www.coinrollhunting.com >:( whatre the chances of that ;D oh well..but if anyone could tell me how or where you could sell 90% quarters dimes and nickels it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
PAyoungin

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Halves, quarters, and dimes 90% you can sell at any coin shop easily. Even the 40 % halves from 1965-1970 a coin shop will accept easily. You may be able to get more from them on Ebay, but it just depends on how much you want to hassle with the transaction. Coins shops you'll get a little less, but you can do it right now. Ebay you can get more, but there's the signing up, accepting the fees, paypal, checks, getting scammed, etc. to put up with.
No quarters and dimes were minted in 40% silver like the halves, though. For them, its strictly 90 percent and thats from 1964 and before.
No 90 percent silver nickels that I'm aware of. Some 1942's and all from 1943-1945 were 35% silver, which is pretty substantial.
Hope this answers your questions, there's a lot to learn from coins!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAyoungin said:
Believe it or not right after I wrote that I found www.coinrollhunting.com >:( whatre the chances of that ;D oh well..but if anyone could tell me how or where you could sell 90% quarters dimes and nickels it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
PAyoungin

see My list of local Dealers in your other post.

Muller Rare Coins, in Hamburg.

I got a Very satisfying amount for my Bulk Silver there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread