Todays 34 boxes good day

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, I did 16 boxes today and found 2-90% and 25-40% so you found like five times as much. Do you have a lot of skunk boxes and a few good boxes like me, or is it more spread out over all the boxes?

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, I did 16 boxes today and found 2-90% and 25-40% so you found like five times as much. Do you have a lot of skunk boxes and a few good boxes like me, or is it more spread out over all the boxes?
There were a few very good boxes one roll had 5 silvers in it they were all pretty good. Some skunks.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your numbers finally took a turn for the better, they've been kinda crappy as of late. I'm having a slow week this week as I prep to double my volume next week, and hit 80 in 2 weeks... but I am sitting at 6 90% and 52 40% through 10 boxes. Hopefully it holds, I've got about 25 more boxes to grab this week.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice boxes man! 800 oz is an amazing feat! Congrats, dude.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job there Tim! My finds have dropped off considerably here lately, on a positive note, talking with 1 of my pickup banks vault teller, she said I could up my orders 4 to 6 boxes a week with no problem so I can get up to 16-18 boxes a week now! HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice run TimZim! I love seeing your updates... Although hardly ever any pics?!?!?! ahhh guess your too busy opening rolls, haha

Maverick - When you up your order like that, do they expect you to pick it up all at once? I tried upping my single box order, to 3 boxes a week, and buy the boxes through the week, not all at once(only working 500$ bank roll right now). And she was giving me some flack about that...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The halves sit in their vault and takes up space/resources, costing them money. It's best to pick it up ASAP. Most of my banks get their orders Tues/Wed and I usually pick everything up by Friday.

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bought my first box yesterday at a semi major west coast bank and it's been all duds except for a few after 2002. No silver. My bank teller is really cool and says I can order as many as I want unlimited as long as I pick them up on Wednesdays when they come on. I have 50k in a liquid money market account there that I plan on filtering though and dumping the duds into another bank and then using online transfer to put it back into the money market account. I'm wondering if I should just get 50k worth at once, which surprisingly she said she would order, and take the risk that this bank filters the silvers out and I get all duds, or do a few boxes at a time. How many boxes of duds in a row would you do until you went to another bank to order?Thanks and good luck in your crh.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you guys order so many boxes per week, thats so impressive!! Is it possible to do those kind of numbers while working full time too? If i work 9-5, would I do all my pickups on saturday? I can only do so much CRH on my lunch breaks!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you guys order so many boxes per week, thats so impressive!! Is it possible to do those kind of numbers while working full time too? If i work 9-5, would I do all my pickups on saturday? I can only do so much CRH on my lunch breaks!
I'm switching to night shift to increase my volume to 80-100 boxes a week... and I honestly can tell you that every minute I'm NOT working and banks are open, I'm doing something involving banks. I currently work 8:30am-5pm and I am switching to 5:30pm-2am.

Last edited:

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Thats a lot of coins. Would one of you high volume CRH mind posting some pictures of what 20 boxes of half dollars look like? Thats 500 pounds, right? Even better, can you show 30 boxes or 40 boxes? And where do you keep them? I'm trying to visualize the pickup, searching, and dumping process but its hard for me! Please show your set up and how you accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm switching to night shift to increase my volume to 80-100 boxes a week... and I honestly can tell you that every minute I'm NOT working and banks are open, I'm doing something involving banks. I currently work 8:30am-5pm and I am switching to 5:30pm-2am.

Haha now you have a part time day job! :) nice but make sure you do get some sleep lol!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Thats a lot of coins. Would one of you high volume CRH mind posting some pictures of what 20 boxes of half dollars look like? Thats 500 pounds, right? Even better, can you show 30 boxes or 40 boxes? And where do you keep them? I'm trying to visualize the pickup, searching, and dumping process but its hard for me! Please show your set up and how you accomplish this. Thanks in advance!
I never have more than 14-16 boxes at a time.
Haha now you have a part time day job! :) nice but make sure you do get some sleep lol!
I'll get plenty of sleep, more than I do now. I'm usually up until 1-2am anyway.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Infowarrior said:
Very nice run TimZim! I love seeing your updates... Although hardly ever any pics?!?!?! ahhh guess your too busy opening rolls, haha

Maverick - When you up your order like that, do they expect you to pick it up all at once? I tried upping my single box order, to 3 boxes a week, and buy the boxes through the week, not all at once(only working 500$ bank roll right now). And she was giving me some flack about that...

I have the choice with her, I can pick them up at once or 2 on Tues and 2 on Thurs, it also depends on how she orders them, if she orders twice in a week for her self, then I can split them up, if she does 1order on Tues, then I'll pick them up at once, I have another bank on Tues also that gives me 4 at once which is a chunk of my bankroll tied up,I will usually reroll 4 boxes that night to dump the next day to pick up my next order. My system runs Tues -Fri, Monday is the only day I don't pick ip anything. Now, keep in mind that I have taken a year to get this system working perfect for me with pick ups and dumps, and I bring in homemade stuff and donuts tosome banks, and some collect other things that I fund for them too, like Ikes. Increasing your bank roll is you biggest obstical, with a thousand dollars I was able to search 6 boxes a week, just by finding out what banks order what days, pickup, search, reroll, dump, and pickup again, it was slot of work but you can Search slot with a small bank roll. Maverick.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up the day they come in thats why my banks are happy. To day i did 14 boxes and found 2-90% and 37-40% there was a silver 1776-1976 and a 1893 columbian half dollar its about my ? 4th one.

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to see that many boxes at once and how you handle them. Can you and the other high volume hunters show your set up and how you handle the coins? Surely ya'll can post a few pictures?

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What, you want pictures of stacks of boxes in our cars and bags going back to the bank? I'll take some pics next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread