Is anybody else annoyed with this guy?

randywhatson

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2011
I got an email from Dr. Eifrig about "the 5 magic words to say to your bank." They want me to pay $39 to learn how to coin roll hunt. I think what annoys me is that now EVERYBODY and their dog is gonna know how to do this. The coins are dissapearing...and the last thing we need is some jerk telling everybody about it. Am I the only one here?

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It never ceases to amaze me how worked up people get over conversations on an online treasure forum.. It's absolutely hilarious..

Sometimes I just think the hobby attracts a certain type of person/attitude.

Last edited:

Silver Chronicles

Nov 3, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone asked me about this type of email at a party a couple of months ago, and I told him it was coin roll hunting. I am sorry Dr. So And So. I stole a customer from you! :laughing7:

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I can't believe that using a politicians name is not allowed but if I said Stephen Baldwin, Ryan Leaf, or Elmo that would be ok?
50cent if you were joking around I'm sorry for what I said. Showing inflection through type is a really hard thing to do. I also don't think you really are Curtis James Jackson III but if you want to pretend that's ok, this is America right?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UH,

Our rules clearly state no politics, no political threads or political replies unless thread is directly related to treasure hunting. When someone calls someone a politician as an insult it is a political statement.

You just recently came to TN, there is a long history here regarding politics..

nfldad

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2013
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer the question- Yes! That place is a scam! There are no 'magic words' to say. I walked into a Chase bank today and asked for rolled half dollars, but they only had loose... of the 18 I received, none were 1970 or older, but I did get a gold colored 2003 which seemed a lot lighter than the clads, almost like plastic. Any thoughts on that? I didn't hang on to any of them. I paid a bill with them.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer the question- Yes! That place is a scam! There are no 'magic words' to say. I walked into a Chase bank today and asked for rolled half dollars, but they only had loose... of the 18 I received, none were 1970 or older, but I did get a gold colored 2003 which seemed a lot lighter than the clads, almost like plastic. Any thoughts on that? I didn't hang on to any of them. I paid a bill with them.

I'm not sure what my thoughts are on this.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 words of DR.
Buy my book you sucker!!!

5 words of DR.
give me your money now!!!!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbies are probably going to give up quickly if they get all skunks, but if they start out with big finds then we have trouble, because they are going to stick with it and create more competition. That's how it was for me. My first box of halves had (15) 90 percenters and (24) 40 percenters and now I've been hooked for the past six months.

nfldad

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2013
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever seen the 2003 I was talking about? And I think I'm hooked already.. I had found 3 71's, 1 74, a few 76's and a bunch of newer ones.. I'm eager to get a roll or two and see what I find!

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Roll Hunting is a touchy forum to post in or about for that matter,I recieved a one month ban for calling a user a liar because he was using photos that belonged to someone i knew personally,I made an effort to ask him about it first before voicing my opinion of him and receiving a ban but some ppl have no integrity or respect for others,There has been alot of this on Tnet as of late. I have all but stopped posting finds or any other information i find useful due to these type of actions. Its very hard to show emphasis through text and alot of ppl tend to get there feelings hurt over the smallest of things.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Roll Hunting is a touchy forum to post in or about for that matter,I recieved a one month ban for calling a user a liar because he was using photos that belonged to someone i knew personally,I made an effort to ask him about it first before voicing my opinion of him and receiving a ban but some ppl have no integrity or respect for others,There has been alot of this on Tnet as of late. I have all but stopped posting finds or any other information i find useful due to these type of actions. Its very hard to show emphasis through text and alot of ppl tend to get there feelings hurt over the smallest of things.

Was it KB123? He got banned later.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UH,

Our rules clearly state no politics, no political threads or political replies unless thread is directly related to treasure hunting. When someone calls someone a politician as an insult it is a political statement.

You just recently came to TN, there is a long history here regarding politics..

What about all the 2ND Amendment talk on this site then? You gotta love how the rules apply to just some people while others have their posts deleted and are given no reason for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread