Duped into searchin dumps, and Mavericks take for the week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So I went and picked up my last 4 boxes for the week yesterday, went to a bank I've only ordered from a few times so far and the last 2 times have been repack dumps from Loomis, so I get my 2 from there and 2 from my regular bank, my regular banks boxes had an ender in 1 box so I put it to the side and grab the next one, I open the first roll and there's a 90% in it, so I put that box to the side and grab the 2 boxes from the other bank, search the first one and nothin. I then begin the other box ( picks of the rolls below) and keep thinking as I'm searching that these are just some more sloppy machine rolls, so I get down to this many left and figured out that some just really took some time to get the end rolled back down on these Damn things to return them.

Now, I reroll some of my dumps for qwik cash in the week and bag the others for deposit, but I don't try and decieve anyone by going to the extent that this A-hole did and roll the edges back down like this! I mean, this had to have taken some time to do! STOP DOING THIS! Just fold the Damn ends over like others do or buy the wraps like I do, don't try and be decieving ( and yes you are obviously) and do this practice to fool the bank into thinking your just returning them unsearched, MAN UP and say to the bank " Ya, I searched them and now I want my money back". Now, should I have known, eh, I think anyone could have looked at them the same as me real qwik and though the same thing and searched them too, the opened ends were facing down and I just glanced them real qwik and started opened from the top sides. OK, I could go on and on, but I won't, turning the rant off nnnnnnnnnnow.

In the first shot, the 3 rolls on the bottom are the oposite end of the rolls and the last shot is of the bottom of the rolls or unopened end, the boxes had a strip of tape on the front too, but the rolls didn't really look like they had been opened either as you can see.

So on the brighter side, the other 2 boxes from my regular bank gave up 2 90's and 11 40's. Also, a 2004 proof, 2003 Space Shuttle coin and 1999 Pennsylvania coin too.

Total this week, 12 boxes searched ='s
32 90%'s
53 40%'s

I'm happy with this weeks take! Good luck to everyone hunting today! HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN0226.JPG
    DSCN0226.JPG
    895.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN0227.JPG
    DSCN0227.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 159
  • DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • DSCN0230.JPG
    DSCN0230.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0231.JPG
    DSCN0231.JPG
    953.5 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received quite a few sealed Brinks boxes with the same. Some Brinks boxes even had a few Loomis rerolls mixed in. It sucks. But hey you found silver in your boxes too, that helps in trying to forget the rewrap crap.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good end to the week I say!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going, Mav! Sorry about the dumps, that really sucks. I haven't seen one of the "painted quarter" half dollars before. I didn't know people had been doing that, I just thought it was novelty quarters that looked that way.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going, Mav! Sorry about the dumps, that really sucks. I haven't seen one of the "painted quarter" half dollars before. I didn't know people had been doing that, I just thought it was novelty quarters that looked that way.

Hey Boris, they are actually halves, I know in the pic they look smaller for some reason, I've recieved the state ones before but this one is in the best condition, never had the Space shuttle on before though. HH, Maverick.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav! For 12 boxes searched those are some very nice totals. In my area the brinks are the ones that are always sloppy on one end. I have discovered that they are not searched like I thought at first. The olive wraps I get are always very tight on both ends and would say you are right in thinking they were someones rerolls. You still had a great week!

HH
Big Fat

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav! For 12 boxes searched those are some very nice totals. In my area the brinks are the ones that are always sloppy on one end. I have discovered that they are not searched like I thought at first. The olive wraps I get are always very tight on both ends and would say you are right in thinking they were someones rerolls. You still had a great week!

HH
Big Fat

Hey Big Fat, ya, I've had the sloppy rolls many times, but these were definetly allready searched, I just hate the trying to roll them back up to not look like they were searched thing, just fold them over like everyone else does! Most of my finds came from the dream box I had earlier this week and 2 boxes yesterday, the other 9 boxes were all skunks, and the dream box came from a branch that I had just upped my order from 2 to 4 boxes a week and this was the first of those orders, wierd how that worked out huh. HH, Maverick.

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
Hi,

Total newbie here who has a question about coin roll hunting.

Do you just buy rolls from one bank and then deposit the remainders back into your checking account?

This seems like the easiest thing to do.

Also, what is a loomis box?

Are dimes the best to search?

What should I look for besides pre 1965?

I work in retail and will search our tills periodically, but have never found so much as a buffalo nickel, but i've only been doing it a week.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a great week Maverick.. Definitely have a nice bit of Ag to add to the stack.. I used to re-roll with the same wraps, but stopped for this reason.. It is just bad for everyone in the hobby.. It's a big waste of time for hunters and can be prevented simply by asking your bank for wraps

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Total newbie here who has a question about coin roll hunting.

Do you just buy rolls from one bank and then deposit the remainders back into your checking account?

I work in retail and will search our tills periodically, but have never found so much as a buffalo nickel, but i've only been doing it a week.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Before asking questions that have been asked hundreds of times before, I would recommend you looking at the newbie thread to have ALL of your questions answered. Here is a link.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Buy them from one bank, and bring them to another bank. Don't dump where you pick up. Order $500 boxes for greater results.

A box rolled up by Loomis, a coin courier. Other coin couriers are Brinks, Garda, and Dunbar. NF String & Sons is just a wrapping company, not a coin courier.

It depends on the area. Halves are always considered as better due to size, but can be a bit less productive than dimes in terms of numbers.

For dimes, look for proofs, errors, and foreign coins in addition to the pre-1965. For halves, look for 1965-1970 40% halves, proofs, errors, and foreign coins in addition to the pre-1965. You can also look for the 2001-present NIFC halves, which were not made to circulate, but they really don't have a market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread