Right bank, right time, so sublime!

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Well, I went on a half-day CRH venture to a rural area college town about 60 miles from my residence. Every one of the 20+ banks I went to had a similar story: "there are a lot of collectors that take those" or "oh no, we don't keep those, we send them right out" or the worst "our bank no longer sells bags off the coin counters, corporate policy."

So I was feeling very discouraged that I had wasted my gas money on a trip to a land barren of CRH opportunities. I FINALLY found a downtown regional banking center that informed me over the phone that they had halves. When I get there I attempted to buy them all, but they would only sell me 40 rolls, but interestingly, they were machine wrapped rolls that the bank rolled in house with the bank logo on them.

The results blew my mind!

image-3918251817.jpg

image-595072183.jpg

image-795914498.jpg

image-943917488.jpg

17 Bens, 1 x 64, and 26 40%ers!

HH,

Swade

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Go and get some gift gards for some fast food and have every kid get you $40 worth in exchange for the free food. I would not leave that town until it was cleared out - and I'm not just talking halves.

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Diver_Down said:
Go and get some gift gards for some fast food and have every kid get you $40 worth in exchange for the free food. I would not leave that town until it was cleared out - and I'm not just talking halves.

I didn't bust any rolls until after banking hours :(

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I didn't bust any rolls until after banking hours :(

Well, what are you doing posting on TNet? Drive back to the bank and clear them out. Nice cull of silver, but more is waiting for you.

By the way, you didn't have to bust the rolls to see the Bender. Seeing that should have given you enough reason to clear that bank out.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Score!!!

Some of our best scores have been from in house rolled halves. These banks are hard come by. We have found a few smaller regional banks that still roll their own.

Dad and Tanner

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Diver_Down said:
Well, what are you doing posting on TNet? Drive back to the bank and clear them out. Nice cull of silver, but more is waiting for you.

By the way, you didn't have to bust the rolls to see the Bender. Seeing that should have given you enough reason to clear that bank out.

True, but the Bender was on the bottom and I could see 5 different marks on the upper stack of rolls.... I wasn't very confident in the potential of these rolls haha

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
And I'm stuck at work until next Tuesday... Although I'm feeling a bit UTW.... Hmmm.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the location of this bank?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.. You need to find some way to get the rest out of there.. Find someone else who is a member and ask for help..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread