Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
Principles have nothing to do with what generation you are in. I know (or know of) plenty of people (at least if thats you in the picture) around your age, who have no scruples whatsoever.

Dawg the older generations are way more irresponsible than today's kids... Just look at the global mess they caused. They should be apologizing to us and they should be paying us... Not the other way around

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Stupid ike dollars I hate them lol I wouldn't pay a buck for them but somehow I have 100s of them lol

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Stupid ike dollars I hate them lol I wouldn't pay a buck for them but somehow I have 100s of them lol

ike's king of all clads, if you get enough ikes, they form a clad version of that ol dawg dwight. I'd start liking them if'n I were you.

And dumps, homie, you are right, he probably got so many zinc and clad coins, he got acute zinc-itis. I dont want to hate on him but, its not like you ripped any one off. Ebay's fee's been going up up up, they are such a terrible company they are going to start charging sales tax. Like amazon. and because they have so much money at ebay, and not enough brain's they'd support such a measure. I hate sales tax, and if anyone likes it, I'm gonna say they have more money than brains.

and em, look at old people, the old old ones, they don't work, and they expect to get free medical care, free social security check. I say, give a free paycheck, to all the people who work instead! teach the value of hard work, and not retirement if you know what I'm sayin.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Haha..Well I read your little rant..Defraud a Corporation?..ARE YOU SERIOUS? Theft of thier Fee's??...Now you have me chuckling....Nobody was ripped off from what I did, If you are talkign about the 3 bucks or so in Fee's, I highly doubt its doing anything to the profits of this Precious Corporation. You obvisously have more money than Brains. What I did was a smart pay on a service that continues to screw people over.

We all dont make the money you do. Your reply Sickens me

You continue to delude yourself that you are honest. You admit that you stole from them. But now I hear 1) It was only $3, so it's not REALLY theft. Bsides, they make millions, so something this small is not a theft after all. and 2) what I did was smart becasue they (in my opinion) screw people over. (Then stop USING them, but if you USE them you OWE them their FEES)

Keep rationalizing your actions. What you did was wrong. When you told the buyer to say it was a GIFT when he paid yo to not pay the fees owed for using paypal too? , That was a LIE, that too was WRONG. Even if it was only $0.50 in fees, it was wrong. Oh, and another rationalization. 3) We don't all make the money you do. SO WHAT? That doesn't mean what you did was HONEST. YOu may JUSTIFY it, and RATIONALIZE it, but it was not HONEST. regardless of the amount you STOLE and FRAUDED them of. yes, those are the legal terms, for specifically what you did.

And you are sickened by someone telling you that you are not honest? You admit theft, and you get sickened when someone says if you committed theft that you are a thief. Where's my ignore button? !!

YOu know that silver thing you found in your youtube viseo? It is John 3:16. Forgiveness IS available. But you hvae to admit you are wrong when you commit sins and crimes, not say since it was a SMALL theft that it doesn't matter. You could learn a lot from the entire book of John.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
He might of had a family to feed, and maybe 50 cents could have gotten that much more ramen, or banana's or potatoes. He was not scamming anyone.

As fee's and such go up, a back doors, and exploits around the fee's become common-place. He used their system, and their framework, its their fault for it being faulty in the first place. Its like parking at a parking meter that's constantly says its on full time instead of going across the street to the one that works right and paying to park.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
He might of had a family to feed, and maybe 50 cents could have gotten that much more ramen, or banana's or potatoes. He was not scamming anyone.

As fee's and such go up, a back doors, and exploits around the fee's become common-place. He used their system, and their framework, its their fault for it being faulty in the first place. Its like parking at a parking meter that's constantly says its on full time instead of going across the street to the one that works right and paying to park.

No, it's more like walking into a store, picking something up, and then, instad of paying, you put it in your pocket and walk out the door. And then saying it is THEIR fault because they have stuff in an area where people can grab it.

It's called theft. No matter how you guys keep trying to spin it, he used a serviuce, he purposely did not pay for the service he used, he then had the buyer LIE to say that the money sent ot him was a gift, when it was not, and he didn't pay that fee either. He's no different than the person who put it in their pocket and dind't pay when they left the store. And if it were only a 43 item, that would still not justify it!

Amazing that it is this hard to show you that he CHEATED them. BOTH ebay AND paypal.

OKy, time to go to ebay and find his ID. See who in Dallas is selling 5 Ikes. And then see what THEy say about it. See if THEY consider it to be their fault, or justified. Or if they think it is cheating them. What say ye?

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha..Well I read your little rant..Defraud a Corporation?..ARE YOU SERIOUS? Theft of thier Fee's??...Now you have me chuckling....Nobody was ripped off from what I did, If you are talkign about the 3 bucks or so in Fee's, I highly doubt its doing anything to the profits of this Precious Corporation. You obvisously have more money than Brains. What I did was a smart pay on a service that continues to screw people over.

We all dont make the money you do. Your reply Sickens me

If you don't like "the service that continues to screw people over", then stop typing in their web address when you log onto the internet. The increase in fees over the years is directly related to the increase in people defrauding the corporation. It is a cyclical thing. It is the exact same thing as taking outside food and beverages into theaters. People just don't understand that by doing that, they are responsible for the increase in costs of food and beverages at the counter. I had a friend of mine who was a manager at a theater explain one time that they don't make a dime off of ticket sales, that money goes back to the studios. They make all the money they need to keep the doors open and pay employees from the concession sales. If they don't sell enough, they have to raise prices to counter the loss. It is the same thing with web companies like E-bay. They have costs, and to cover those costs, they have to charge fees. Instead of *****ing and defrauding a company for services provided, why don't you start your own online auction web site, and see how easy it is? Thieves like you, Diggin, sicken me, and it is no wonder we are in such bad straits. You can't even realize your crime. It truly is a shame.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree this is thief. And don't give the excuse about the greedy companies. Talking about old folks getting a free check they earned from years of working hard and then excusing thief makes no sense to me. It's the libs in Washington spending money they don't have coddling those that spend their lives not wanting to work that has caused our problems.
HH
enamel7

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't going to say anything on this, but, I will ask this question to all of you. If you pick up your box of halves from the bank and get home and search it and find that there is an extra 50 cents in it, do you run back to the bank "Like an honest person" and try and give it back? I would guess the answer would be NO! So what does that say for all of us, including the original attacker on this thread. I try and stay neutral on arguments on the forum but thus one was just outta hand. Leave Diggem alone, if you don't like his posts, put him on ignore, don't preach to him, this is not a religious forum. Rant off.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diggin-N-Dumps-*knock knock* "Who's there at some random time in my life?" *karma* "Oh F&%$....."
Please be careful man, I really don't want to see something bad happen to you. Whether it's 3 bucks like you mentioned or more, it still doesn't sound right to me. Regardless of what corporations do, YOU should do the morally right thing. Everybody gets their comeupins, even myself from time to time.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't going to say anything on this, but, I will ask this question to all of you. If you pick up your box of halves from the bank and get home and search it and find that there is an extra 50 cents in it, do you run back to the bank "Like an honest person" and try and give it back? I would guess the answer would be NO! So what does that say for all of us, including the original attacker on this thread. I try and stay neutral on arguments on the forum but thus one was just outta hand. Leave Diggem alone, if you don't like his posts, put him on ignore, don't preach to him, this is not a religious forum. Rant off.

What about when it's short $0.50 or even more? I had a box short $2.00 last week. Do I go back and complain? No, because the bank won't do anything anyway, even though they stole from me. Do I stay in the lobby and weigh every roll before leaving in case one is short? No, because that's too dangerous.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
and em, look at old people, the old old ones, they don't work, and they expect to get free medical care, free social security check. I say, give a free paycheck, to all the people who work instead! teach the value of hard work, and not retirement if you know what I'm sayin.

It's not the old people, it's the people that are lazy and don't want to work and just rely on food stamps, Section 8 housing, and money from the government. Old people worked their whole life and deserve retirement when they are not able to work. Sometimes, retirement is used as an excuse to not work, but most of the time it is deserved. Sometimes, governmental money is good. My uncle's dad got schizophrenia soon after college and never got a job. He is cared for by my uncle, but the money is a bit beneficial for him.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, you do not return the extra 50 cents, because a good faith contract has already been agreed on and carried out. The Bank wanted $500 for the content of the box, and you gave them the $500. Just the same if the box was short. You are actually paying for the box and not the contents, and after you do, the contract has been fulfilled. What Diggin did was to defraud a good faith contract. A contract he initiated, when he elected to use a service, not of one company, but two. He initiated the contract by setting up an account, agreeing to the terms of service, and listing his items for sale. In the middle of the good faith agreement he broke the contact and proceeded to make income off of the work done by the other party in the good faith agreement. That is theft and fraud, and illegal. If Ebay and or Paypal is so inclined they are well within their rights to suing Diggin, and likely could get considerably more than what Diggin actually made from his fraudulent sale.

I'm sorry Maverick, I like 99% of your posts, but you are wrong in your comparison. One is a completed good faith agreement, and the other is defrauding a good faith agreement.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

While i would never do this, everyone one needs to just chill and give up on the whole soap box preaching via an online treasure forum..

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Point taken, but, I do pay for the contents of the box and not just the box, I didn't understand that, I was making a genralization of a scenerio, aside all the technical aspects involved in the banking system and contracts. I'm sure another scenerio could make my point.

The reason i jumped in was because JRF had no right launch a personal attack on another member, he contributed nothing at all to the OP and his sole purpose of his post was to attack another member an instagate, plain and simple! He threatend to look up his Ebay id and people in Texas? Really? This is the reason that most of the older members don't post on here anymore, because of personal attacks on other members. The Op should have went on fine and continued with out the atack that got the ball rolling on others jumping in ( who may have never said anything to begin with) and destroying the Op. Like we were all taught, "If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all". Just my opinion, not trying to offend ANYONE in any way. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
eolson3

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
ummmmmmmmmmmm....... I was asking Ikes. I take it as a good sell. Made 20 buck which will be turned into silver shortly. Long live the hunt

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Let's see. You have a listing on ebay. You use their services. then ... you get a buyer, you remove your listing, and you sell it to them without paying ebay for securing the buyer for you, which they DID. And you follow that up with the sentence "I am an honest man"? You ripped off ebay for their fees and then say you are honest? LOLOLOL. Granted, you can sell with ebay or you can sell without ebay, but if you DO USE ebay, and then stop the auction early in order to sell to THEIR client WITHOUT paying them ... you are NOT an honest man. Sorry. Stealing legitimate fees from someone to increase your profit does not fall into the "honest" category. Just the opposite in fact! You even said he LIED on what the payment was for, in order to avoid the legitimate fees on paypal too! And your justification of it by saying they have screwed you over in the past? Just your way of rationalizing your THEFT of services.

An honest man. lol. thanks for the chuckle.

I read this and LOL'd.

Then I went back and read Diggin-N-Dump's post again. What I got out of it is that he was selling sets of 5 Ikes on Ebay, the guy asked how many he had. He canceled his auction of 5 Ikes, and sold 50 of them outside of Ebay. It's not like he had 50 listed on one auction, got a bidder, canceled the auction, and went behind Ebay's back. He had small listings, I assume he sold some through Ebay and paid the fees, and then worked a separate deal outside of Ebay. I see no dishonesty with his dealings with Ebay whatsoever; no comment on the paypal "gift" option. I've had similar auctions many times, where I had several of one item, listed one or two of them, and had the purchaser offer to buy any extra that I had. Am I obligated to list and sell these extra items on Ebay? I think not.

jrf30, I think you jumped to conclusions. If Diggin-N-Dumps had canceled an auction for 50 Ike's I'd side with you, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
The reason i jumped in was because JRF had no right launch a personal attack on another member, he contributed nothing at all to the OP and his sole purpose of his post was to attack another member an instagate, plain and simple!

. Like we were all taught, "If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all". Just my opinion, not trying to offend ANYONE in any way. HH, Maverick.

Another saying makes more sense for this one. The eighteenth century Irish statesman, philosopher and political theorist, Edmund Burke, is credited with the remark that "evil prevails when good men do nothing".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread