Moving to NYC.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody here hunt in NYC? Just got a fantastic job offer to work for JPM so I'm packing up my game and headed north. Trying to get my dump situation mapped out in advance... Wondering if I'm sharing turf with TimZim now? Anybody know how the districts up there break down?

Side note; I picked up a dream box today, I'll post about it later.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know Satan was hiring :laughing9: I have friends who live in NewYork and they consistently make great finds.. I think you are closer to TimZim's hunting grounds where you are now.. Good luck dude..

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know Satan was hiring :laughing9: I have friends who live in NewYork and they consistently make great finds.. I think you are closer to TimZim's hunting grounds where you are now.. Good luck dude..

Well, I know I'm fairly close to his district now, but I know the Philly district (My district right now) stops before you get into his area. I'm wondering if there's just Philly then NYC, or if there is another district in there that handles north jersey independently.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill try to look into it for you, but I would imagine that Jersey and New York would be the same district.. I highly doubt there is another district that handles only north jersey.. Obviously I could be wrong..

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate it, man. I'm gonna try to call Loomis/Garda up there and see if I can get some details, I had some success with that around here. Just gotta be clear about what I do and how much money they make off me, ha.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are in timzim's district.

Thanks man. I don't think I'll have the time to dump out of district with the new job, especially since I'm assuming NYC is probably the center of said district... just gonna have to dump into the same supply. Oh well, works out fine now, lol.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscores, I'd take advantage of your lo-cal, & find a home in walkin distance to several banks. NYC is a rough place dawg

I'm trying to imagine carrying 8 boxes of halves down the street in Manhattan. If anybody ever sees someone doing that, you know who it is ha.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use a pull-along tote, or a travel suitcase, and noone would know!

I'll probably just place my orders for outside the city and pick them up on Saturdays. We'll see, I'll figure something out lol.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the burbs and work in the city. My finds in the burbs are far better per search, but require driving and more planning, but boxes in the city are consistent, and going on random searches is a breeze from pick-up to dump. There is a ton of competition here, but mostly friendly from what I've experienced thus far. I get plenty of painted coin in my boxes, I think we're district 3 or 5 over here? PM me if you want to chat more about it.

NYC is a rough place dawg

NYC has been pretty much neutered. Manhattan feels like Disneyland. Its not as rough as other places like Detroit, Hartford, Jacksonville?

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, actually, can any of you NYC'ers enlighten me on the gun laws of NYC? Here in PA, I can carry my gun pretty much anywhere I want (Outside of Philadelphia, that is), concealed or open, unless the establishment asks me to leave, lol.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
NYC has been pretty much neutered. Manhattan feels like Disneyland. Its not as rough as other places like Detroit, Hartford, Jacksonville?

I beg to differ, NYC is a police state, where you can't buy soft-drinks. The rent is to dang high there, police are too busy looking for traffic & parking violations instead of crime, and the people there are pretty rough.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly doubt he open carries into the bank lol... Bigscores, NYC is tough on gun laws... No carrying there..

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even open carry into a bank?
I highly doubt he open carries into the bank lol... Bigscores, NYC is tough on gun laws... No carrying there..

I've done it before, they ask you to leave right away, lol. I didn't mean to carry it in, meant to take it off and leave it in my car.

Sucks, guess I'll have to become acquainted with some high quality "alternative" weapons.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beg to differ, NYC is a police state, where you can't buy soft-drinks. The rent is to dang high there, police are too busy looking for traffic & parking violations instead of crime, and the people there are pretty rough.

Sure, it is rough in that regard, but it is safe as hell is what I was saying. I seldom have to watch my back on the streets. I have heard stories from friends about getting jumped in Philly, and how that is a common thing.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, it is rough in that regard, but it is safe as hell is what I was saying. I seldom have to watch my back on the streets. I have heard stories from friends about getting jumped in Philly, and how that is a common thing.

Your friends must hang out in the shady areas of Philly. My college buddy has a townhome in Society Hill (Yeah, he's kinda stacked) and he never has ANY issues besides the occasional drunk pissing on something.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Anybody here hunt in NYC? Just got a fantastic job offer to work for JPM so I'm packing up my game and headed north. Trying to get my dump situation mapped out in advance... Wondering if I'm sharing turf with TimZim now? Anybody know how the districts up there break down?

Side note; I picked up a dream box today, I'll post about it later.

Congrats on the new job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread