tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

After several days of leg-work, I think I have solved my dump issue. Here's the scoop:

- I cancelled my Business Account at my normal dump chain. I was informed that $.40 per $100 will be charged to my account every time I bring in a deposit bag. My college-level eductaion tells me that's $4.00 a bag. I should not have to pay to cover the fees charged by their armored courier service. Fuuuugeddabout it!!

- Another bank chain has informed me that if I open a Business Account with them, I will be able to drop off 5 bags a week at each branch (3 in town = 15 bags!!) and they WILL provide me a provisional credit every time I drop off (meaning the cash will be readilly available). Also, there is NO charge for dropping off currency. There will be a $10 per month fee involved for having a balance of less then $1500. But I feel that is pale compared to $4 per bag at my old dump.

I'll head out to seal the deal as soon as my schedule will allow. With any luck, I'll be cracking open boxes in the near future!!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice set-up, where has this bank been all the time before, ha. best of luck my friend,
hh
buff

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tall Guy, nice to see you worked something out! I think 10 bucks a month is definetly worth being able to drop 15 bags a week with instant credit. Good luck!, HH. Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like that type of account too! I found out BoA doesn't charge a fee but you have to wait a week for credit.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bry, any fees for the biz account? Or other requirements?

Is this bank a nat. Chain? If so, what bank?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thripp said:
I would like that type of account too! I found out BoA doesn't charge a fee but you have to wait a week for credit.

My BofA gives me instant credit/cash on bags. I drop off 3 bags ($1500) per branch per dump. Only way to do it!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hey,

After several days of leg-work, I think I have solved my dump issue. Here's the scoop:

- I cancelled my Business Account at my normal dump chain. I was informed that $.40 per $100 will be charged to my account every time I bring in a deposit bag. My college-level eductaion tells me that's $4.00 a bag. I should not have to pay to cover the fees charged by their armored courier service. Fuuuugeddabout it!!

- Another bank chain has informed me that if I open a Business Account with them, I will be able to drop off 5 bags a week at each branch (3 in town = 15 bags!!) and they WILL provide me a provisional credit every time I drop off (meaning the cash will be readilly available). Also, there is NO charge for dropping off currency. There will be a $10 per month fee involved for having a balance of less then $1500. But I feel that is pale compared to $4 per bag at my old dump.

I'll head out to seal the deal as soon as my schedule will allow. With any luck, I'll be cracking open boxes in the near future!!

H$H!!
TGB

I'm thinking of a business account as well. did they make you supply a business tax ID?

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of you guys have a bank with a machine in town that's free? I have two different banking companies in town with machines that are free to customers; and then each of those have a few different branches with machines in the greater region. Dumping should be free! I know the machines can get you on the dimes, but on the half dollars and quarters they are usually "right on the money" (pun intended). (Of course you have to work at making friends with the tellers and open a number of different accounts if you're going to be dumping regularly.)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
None of you guys have a bank with a machine in town that's free? I have two different banking companies in town with machines that are free to customers; and then each of those have a few different branches with machines in the greater region. Dumping should be free! I know the machines can get you on the dimes, but on the half dollars and quarters they are usually "right on the money" (pun intended). (Of course you have to work at making friends with the tellers and open a number of different accounts if you're going to be dumping regularly.)

Bags are faster.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bags are faster.

Also - the machines requires that a bank employee - usually a woman - change the bag. I am not the kind of guy that likes to watch a person struggle with a bag on my behalf. I could rather plop them on a table, and say BYE BYE.

Plus they are faster.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut off for dumping too much or the local machines don't take halves / break too often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread