Question About Banks

B

baseballbandits

I went out yesterday and tried to randomly go around to different banks in my area asking about halves. Well...seems that if you dont have an account w/ them they wont help you. :( 2 tellers told me that they are not suppossed to exchange money from people who do not have an account with them. I also asked one of my bank branch tellers at "suntrust" whether they could order me some halves, and he said they did not order coins...So I am perplexed, ??? how do you guys get your rolls? Do you just go to banks that you have an account with? how do you order rolls? thx for any help you can provide me! :)

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny! Sorry.I know what your going through,i've been there.I have to order my rolls from the bank I have an account with.I found out that Wachovia bank uses different couriers at different branches,so it works out well.I don't have to worry so much about getting the same box back.It's easier to order a whole box ($500), at least thats what i've found out down here.I order at one location and deposit them back at another.I think the best day to order them is Monday,at least for me,they come in the same Thursday.If you have an account,they have to order them for you.My bank has a request form I have to fill out,but it's no big deal.Hope this helps.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My main account is with a major bank (Chase) and they do not have a problem ordering boxes for me. I have also hit many smaller banks in and out of my area, and have never been told I cannot buy halves if I do not have an account. Most banks here are glad to get rid of them. I only purchase halves at about a third of the banks that I stop at, not because they say they cannot sell them to me, but because they just do not have any. HH

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
When they ask if I have an account, I say "no, but most banks are glad to get rid of their halves." That usually works for me. If not, I say thanks and leave.

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
I walk into all the banks like I go there every day with a big smile on my face. The tellers seem to be alot more helpful if your smiling. Last week I asked if a bank hand any halves with a big grin on my face. The lady asked me if I was a member and I said no. She says " oh well don't tell anyone I did this for you your suppose to have an account here. I have been shot down before at banks but its not very often. Ordering halves is another story though. There may be exceptions but at most banks you do have to have an account with them. I need to find me a cute bank teller that will start saving halves for me lol. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread