Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'M DONE WITH GARDA!

and who ever this is doing this! You are making it too easy for the carriers to keep shipping these things out! Why do you take the time to recrimp down the rolls, I mean really! You are obviously trying to deceive! Don't bring them back in the same exact way you got them, try bringing them in a different box, or do what I do with mine, and use CWR's and make the box unusable. Sorry, but this just pissing me off now! It takes LESS TIME to use CRW's than to go through the pain staking trouble of trying to hide that you searched MWR's. It takes 2 seconds to just flip the box inside out, or put tape all over the box like I do so it can't be used again, I'm going to try duct tape next. at least make an ATTEMPT at trying to stop your boxes from just being shipped back out again instead of just taking the easyway out. And I'm turning my rant off nnnnnnnnow.

This is the 5th order that I have made the looooong drive to Orlando to pick up from this branch and show up to get this again. The vault teller was super cool there. As she was bringing the boxes over I kinda groaned as I saw them and she said whats up, I said to her that these have all been gone through allready, again, and the last 4 times I have ordered from them these are what was shipped out and the last ones were short a couple of dollars, she said really? How can you tell? So I showed her the one end had been rolled back down so as to look un touched,and the boxes were all broken and not sealed, and the boxes weren't even Garda, they were Brinks. She said, ya you're right, these aren't our regular boxes are they, nope we have the ones that are flat with holes in them. So I took the time to explain what had happened and how they had probably got there, again she was super cool and said she could just keep them and not to worry about it, I said, no, I'd never do that to you, I'll take them and get rid of them for you. She said she would call the central vault on the next order and tell them she wanted the flat boxes sealed shipped for the next order, I told her I wasn't sure it would work, but I appreciated it and would give it one more try. She told me to let her know if these were short at all and she would give me the money, which I told her not to worry about, but I appreciated it. She said they had 2 boxes a couple weeks ago that someone ordered ( the flat ones) and then the guy called and said he didn't want to pick them up, so they sat in her vault, a customer came in and asked if they had halves and she told them that she had 2 boxes that she was stuck with and the guy bought them, then he came back and thanked her and told her that they were great boxes and had silver coins in them! UUHHGGG!

So this week is the record holder for repacks for me, from both suppliers, 10 boxes of dumps this week, only 2 weren't out of my 12 and 1 was a skunk and 1 with an ender (69), that and 1 walker was all that was in the box. Rough week this week! I'm going to try them this last time, if it happens again, then I'm not makin the trip again, not worth it to get rid of someone elses dumps!

The taped up box in the pick is what I use to dump when I have to reroll my coins, I know they can't just reuse it!

On a brighter note, one of my regular branches vault teller is going to up my weekly order to 8 boxes a week, I bring her sweets and stuff all the time, she said it didn't matter what I wanted and told me that before because she has to order 2 times a week anyway and it doesn't cost anymore either way, so that will make up for the far away branch that is repack heaven for me. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5926.JPG
    DSCN5926.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
  • DSCN5927.JPG
    DSCN5927.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
  • DSCN5928.JPG
    DSCN5928.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • DSCN5929.JPG
    DSCN5929.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN5930.JPG
    DSCN5930.JPG
    593.3 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These things happen, and you handled yourself very well in the situation, just like every good CRHer should. I hope your next boxes make up for the disappointment you had today. Good luck, mav!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck next time, Let me guess people are going to think you made this story up too and your pictures are photo-shopped..Only a newb would recrimp their rolls, any professional wouldn't take the time to do this because of the sheer volume of their search..Hopefully this repacker will quit already!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
These things happen, and you handled yourself very well in the situation, just like every good CRHer should. I hope your next boxes make up for the disappointment you had today. Good luck, mav!

Yes, it happens, I got to learn to wait a while before I post and let the anger subside a bit, lol. I will allways take what ever is delivered and never refuse it, she was really cool about it, but, I ordered them and they took the time to order them for me, so it would have been wrong to let her just keep them, I realize that I ordered 2000 dollars in halves and that is what they delivered, you can't sit there and ***** and complain and say " but these have had all the Silver taken out of them", lol. This branch has allways just taken a phone order from me no questions asked and is nice when I go in, I just decided to say something today becuase it was getting old with this being the 5th time it has happened on a row. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck next time, Let me guess people are going to think you made this story up too and your pictures are photo-shopped..Only a newb would recrimp their rolls, any professional wouldn't take the time to do this because of the sheer volume of their search..Hopefully this repacker will quit already!

I don't even know how to photo shop anything, lol. HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Brinks box today that I swear was repacked. Lo & behold it produced 1 64 and 4 40s anyway.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still cant wait till I find my first 1970..

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, sorry to hear that Maverick. I order exclusively from Garda so apparently my boxes don't come from Orlando. I'm sorry this has happened and hope it clears up soon for you. That's a good idea about using duct tape. That would rip up the boxes if they tried to remove it.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must really suck buddy.. At least the teller is trying to help you fix the problem..

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was given two coin lock bags $500 each this week in place of boxes and told the machine at the distributor broke. I was discouraged but still got a 64.

I did find out where the dist. facility is so at least I know where my coins are coming from.

So I'm guessing the halves I get are just rerolled from bags brought back from branches. I was hoping they had to order more from some fed warehouse 13 somewhere..

Anyone know if the places that sort and reroll are exclusive to the carrier ie loomis/brinks/garda?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are there any regional banks or CU that would let you dump in bags?

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and who ever this is doing this! You are making it too easy for the carriers to keep shipping these things out! Why do you take the time to recrimp down the rolls, I mean really! You are obviously trying to deceive! Don't bring them back in the same exact way you got them, try bringing them in a different box, or do what I do with mine, and use CWR's and make the box unusable. Sorry, but this just pissing me off now! It takes LESS TIME to use CRW's than to go through the pain staking trouble of trying to hide that you searched MWR's. It takes 2 seconds to just flip the box inside out, or put tape all over the box like I do so it can't be used again, I'm going to try duct tape next. at least make an ATTEMPT at trying to stop your boxes from just being shipped back out again instead of just taking the easyway out. And I'm turning my rant off nnnnnnnnow.

This is the 5th order that I have made the looooong drive to Orlando to pick up from this branch and show up to get this again. The vault teller was super cool there. As she was bringing the boxes over I kinda groaned as I saw them and she said whats up, I said to her that these have all been gone through allready, again, and the last 4 times I have ordered from them these are what was shipped out and the last ones were short a couple of dollars, she said really? How can you tell? So I showed her the one end had been rolled back down so as to look un touched,and the boxes were all broken and not sealed, and the boxes weren't even Garda, they were Brinks. She said, ya you're right, these aren't our regular boxes are they, nope we have the ones that are flat with holes in them. So I took the time to explain what had happened and how they had probably got there, again she was super cool and said she could just keep them and not to worry about it, I said, no, I'd never do that to you, I'll take them and get rid of them for you. She said she would call the central vault on the next order and tell them she wanted the flat boxes sealed shipped for the next order, I told her I wasn't sure it would work, but I appreciated it and would give it one more try. She told me to let her know if these were short at all and she would give me the money, which I told her not to worry about, but I appreciated it. She said they had 2 boxes a couple weeks ago that someone ordered ( the flat ones) and then the guy called and said he didn't want to pick them up, so they sat in her vault, a customer came in and asked if they had halves and she told them that she had 2 boxes that she was stuck with and the guy bought them, then he came back and thanked her and told her that they were great boxes and had silver coins in them! UUHHGGG!

So this week is the record holder for repacks for me, from both suppliers, 10 boxes of dumps this week, only 2 weren't out of my 12 and 1 was a skunk and 1 with an ender (69), that and 1 walker was all that was in the box. Rough week this week! I'm going to try them this last time, if it happens again, then I'm not makin the trip again, not worth it to get rid of someone elses dumps!

The taped up box in the pick is what I use to dump when I have to reroll my coins, I know they can't just reuse it!

On a brighter note, one of my regular branches vault teller is going to up my weekly order to 8 boxes a week, I bring her sweets and stuff all the time, she said it didn't matter what I wanted and told me that before because she has to order 2 times a week anyway and it doesn't cost anymore either way, so that will make up for the far away branch that is repack heaven for me. HH, Maverick.

Sorry to hear about your repacks. I know what that is like....driving for ever to get crap boxes... I just finished this nice cube of 16 for 1 fake lead 1972 half. To make things worse, I picked up my 20 boxes of dimes and they are ALL 2012. IMG_3292.JPG

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Brinks box today that I swear was repacked. Lo & behold it produced 1 64 and 4 40s anyway.

I have looked through mine the last 4 times, but I know these are searched for sure too, I'm not lookin this time, they're gettin bagged and dumped to get them out of the system again. Nice that you got some in your box! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, sorry to hear that Maverick. I order exclusively from Garda so apparently my boxes don't come from Orlando. I'm sorry this has happened and hope it clears up soon for you. That's a good idea about using duct tape. That would rip up the boxes if they tried to remove it.

It's just a bad week, I've had them before, ( as we all have), this time was like just the final straw, if ya know what I mean, 5 times in a row! I'm no stranger to repacks, but I will usually just get 1 in an order of 4, maybe 2 every now and then. What really frustrates me is, I keep trying to search another carrier and keep showing up to get reships of the carrier I allready search! Uuhg!

Ya the tape idea I think is a good deterent from them taking mine and just shipping them back out, I know that one teller told me that she needed the 500 on the outside of the box to ship them back to their carrier, so, no numbers on the box now, and if they try and pull the tape, it will destroy the box, so they'll hope fully have to unroll mine at her branch and bag them up for her her carrier. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That must really suck buddy.. At least the teller is trying to help you fix the problem..

Hey ADdicted, it does suck trying to search another cariier and getting allready searched boxes from the one I allready do. I just want a sealed Garda box darn it! The teller was very cool, we talked for a good 10 mins while I was there. I don't think she is going to have any luck calling her central vault to get sealed fresh boxes, but I don't know anything about how that works, so maybe she can do something, I won't know till next Friday. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Are there any regional banks or CU that would let you dump in bags?

I allready do that. I need someone else to apparently though, lol. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your repacks. I know what that is like....driving for ever to get crap boxes... I just finished this nice cube of 16 for 1 fake lead 1972 half. To make things worse, I picked up my 20 boxes of dimes and they are ALL 2012. View attachment 724195

Hey, ya the repacks suck, I'm no stranger to them, just this week was a rash of them! I like your cube there. I usually like seeing boxes with the black marker number on top of them. Ouch on the Dimes, any time to take to another bank and maybe trade them out for some CWR's. or other boxes of Dimes maybe? HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished this nice cube of 16 for 1 fake lead 1972 half. To make things worse, I picked up my 20 boxes of dimes and they are ALL 2012.

Ouch unroller that is rough.. I haven't seen 2012s for a little while so I am thankful for that..

Hey ADdicted, it does suck trying to search another cariier and getting allready searched boxes from the one I allready do. I just want a sealed Garda box darn it! The teller was very cool, we talked for a good 10 mins while I was there. I don't think she is going to have any luck calling her central vault to get sealed fresh boxes, but I don't know anything about how that works, so maybe she can do something, I won't know till next Friday. HH, Maverick.

I can relate a little.. I had multiple banks forget my orders this week and one of the branches I use for halves (which is also the farthest one away) couldn't access the vault because
the head teller had left before I came in.. I had to drive all the way back out today to pick them up.. It gets frustrating sometimes when the system gets rattled, but stick with it.. It will all be worth it when you hit the next big box..

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I have been getting repackaged boxes up here in Traverse City Michigan. The rolls look like they are machine done but they are very loose and poorly done. So I think someone is repackaging them. Odd thing is that the boxes are the ones with the holes in them and they are taped with the same brown tape the bank uses, so I am left wondering if they are rewraps or just really really lousy machines wraps. Either way, I have done 10 boxes of nickels with not a single buffalo, war nickel or even any pre-1950 coin. oh wait I did get one 1939P, which I am thinking about throwing back in. I really wish I could take a picture of the rolls and get everyone's opinion. ::grumbles:: I need to get another digital camera. At least point I am tempted to cash in all my play money, about 400 bucks and either get another 4 boxes of nickels or just buy from provident metals, since everyone seems to like them.

Well I am off to go pay some bills.
Sincerely, Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread