Hunted For a Quarter of a Century...

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow Hunters, I went through 3K in halves today and found just one 40%er (1966 pictured below). One thing I did find that was kind of interesting was a 1983 P clad half with a pretty extreme and deep hunter's mark (also pictured below). It looks like a date with the numeral 1 used in the place of slash marks (4/29/88). It would seem that this bad boy has been hunted for almost the past 25 years! Anybody else ever come across this same coin over the past twenty five years of hunting? Happy Hunting!!!

25yrold.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet! never seen one of those! If he's still at it, he must've made bank over all those years

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess is someone was bored and used metal markers to stamp a half dollar. Maybe its there birth date or something. However it would be cool if it was a hunters mark from the 80s. Anyone ever get any old hunter marks that they know is a CRH? If so whats the oldest? I remember getting a lombardo marked half with a date of 12/06 on it last year. And i know he was/is a CRH because i used to get a ton of them!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
03 is the oldest marked half I have found. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread