They need to shut this forum down

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why? For a lot of reasons. Its encouraging too many people to do it & all the green horn wet behind the ear rookies are going to ruin it for the experienced seasoned pros because the rookies don't know what they're doing. Also doesn't every one know & realize that is the Internet & everyone has access to it? The banking industry, Tellers, the Government, etc can all see what is going on here. In time CRHing will be a thing of the past. Its just a matter of time when the hobby will come to a screeching halt. Mark my words. I could go on but I just want to let you know I don't encorage anyone but discourage them. But this is just how I feel & my opinion. Please do away with this forum. The less ppl know about us the better off we will be. Nuff said.

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody needs a midol and some ice cream.

Heeeeyy!! I take offend to that! I rather have a strawberry-kiwi slushie and a box of nickels over midol and ice cream any day. And despite some obnoxious folks on this forum, I like it. It's like have a family. Some family members you welcome with open arms and smiles. While some family members drive you totally batty. You just ignore them and send them a box of meaningless newspaper clippings of those ninnies buying gold and silver on TV. Despite all the hazing I get from the 'older' more experienced coin hunters, I do take their information to heart. (except those anti-Youtube vibes. I love Youtube, especially the cooking/survival shows.)

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your depressed that your on a skunk streak... but i have help for you:

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out in the md forum after purchasing my first detector (an MPX, which has turned out to be a pretty good, if not great, first machine) but decided to try CRH after discovering this informative and welcoming forum, which makes it pretty clear, I think, that CRH is something to be approached with respect and caution. Only after diligence and patience would come success, but that success would build as knowlege of what some industries call "best practices" grew, along with relationships with tellers, and this is indeed what I've experienced since I starting CRH about six weeks ago. Not only am I having a lot of fun but some success as well, especially with dimes. Case in point, just the other day a teller told me she had no half dollars, but when I thanked her anyway and told her I appreciated the help she'd given me the last few weeks with dimes, she suddenly "remembered" a small stash of halves she had, which I was very glad to buy. In that stash--just two $10 rolls--were two 40%ers, which I wouldn't have had the opportunity to find if I had been anything less than polite and appreciative to that teller. Long story short, just treat the tellers (and the bank, for that matter) the way you'd like to be treated and everybody wins, which is why I am very optomistic that my CRH scores will continue to grow over time as long as I remember that I'm in it for the "long dime" as opposed to the "short nickle"--pun intended!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather have my neighbor find the silver then have the silver sit in a vault or have it gathered up by tellers or worse thrown in the trash.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people won't like this one then, an ad that came to me via email from an investment firm:

Retirement Millionaire

And shutting this forum down will make a measurable difference how?

Rascal

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I walked into the super market, and walked out with 6 Ozs of silver" - - - yeah...sure yah did buck-o. ( I know it's possible, but...)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Rascal said:
Some people won't like this one then, an ad that came to me via email from an investment firm:

Retirement Millionaire

And shutting this forum down will make a measurable difference how?

Rascal

That was painful, and ironically he says this quote,

"But eventually, word will get out and this opportunity will end. That could be a month from now... or 2 years from now. I believe we probably have at least a 1-year window of opportunity to take advantage of this secret. That is, unless the price of silver shoots up in the next few months and this idea all of a sudden becomes VERY popular.

The important thing to remember here is that once the word really starts to spread, I expect this free silver will become increasingly difficult, and eventually, almost impossible to find."

Duh, ya think, I guess so if your emailing this out to people, lol. HH, maverick.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know that there is not an infinite amount of silver out there, but if you stop to think about it there must be hundreds of thousands if not millions of individual coins still in circulation. I, for one, will quietly keep on keepin' on until the fun is gone.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
"I walked into the super market, and walked out with 6 Ozs of silver" - - - yeah...sure yah did buck-o. ( I know it's possible, but...)

It probably refers to the bank in the supermarket. Still unlikely, but we've seen lots of awesome CWR and teller tray scores.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well theres going to be a ndw thing to hoard every 10-20 years right now nickels are part nickel buttheyre gonna be steel later this year. I think itll last for a while

And just where do folks keep getting this misinformation about our coinage?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why? For a lot of reasons. Its encouraging too many people to do it & all the green horn wet behind the ear rookies are going to ruin it for the experienced seasoned pros because the rookies don't know what they're doing. Also doesn't every one know & realize that is the Internet & everyone has access to it? The banking industry, Tellers, the Government, etc can all see what is going on here. In time CRHing will be a thing of the past. Its just a matter of time when the hobby will come to a screeching halt. Mark my words. I could go on but I just want to let you know I don't encorage anyone but discourage them. But this is just how I feel & my opinion. Please do away with this forum. The less ppl know about us the better off we will be. Nuff said.
I feel sorry for you, you must be a very unhappy person......

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI

Closing this forum won't change anything.
CRHing is all over the internet, this isn't the only website that has info
I found this forum AFTER, I began CRHing, not before.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
The government is always a century ahead of us. There is an army of people out there stripping the last remnants of silver out of the money supply to make less than minimum wage. We get no benefits, and there is no capital costs for the powers that be to incur. Heck, we'll even hand sort pennies for copper by hand. I'm sure that fits into some sinister plan somehow.

In reality, the banks stay busy, keep customers happy, the coin carriers stay busy, and someone will dump grandpa's coin collection somewhere at some time. If the fed wanted to shut down crh, it would be done.

That being said, now that i know about crh, i dont necessarily want anyone else starting up. happy hunting - Jonathan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread