This weekends boxes and "I dont know what"

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekends boxes and "I don't know what"

7 boxes this weekend started out good as I got 6 40%'s and 1 1964 in the first box than 2 & 3 were skunks. Box 4 i got a 1964 and a 40% and ? a half 40% :icon_scratch:

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Im thinking maybe the start of a magician coin but I just don't know. the obverse is normal but the reverse is not there and it looks like the back has a washer type obtect circling the outside and is hollow in the center ???

Any ideas would be great

the rest of the boxes were skunks

Good luck,

Jeff

Upvote 0

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
Looks like a magician's coin.

I never came across one before last week - or at least never noticed - and I got THREE in ONE BOX!

One head and tail.

One with two heads

One with a head and tail and the tail was an eagle on one side and a peso on the other.

It was the telltale clunk that gave them away while I end searched and then fanned them while watching TV and more listening than looking.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten plenty of magician coins but usually both halves are hollow or have another coin in between. i have never seen a coin with this washer type metal that is attached to the coin. Maybe that is what it looks like after they split it in half and then they take the washer off before reattaching the two hollow halves :icon_scratch:

Good luck,

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread