Went to my bank last night to get some halves...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked the teller if she had some halves and she remembered me from last week. (I bought a box) She said they had two boxes and how much did I want. I told her I would take both of them but the teller next to her said one was for the "other guy" that always wants halves. Uh oh I have competition at my own bank. So I only bought one box. (the teller said she would save any loose ones for me because the other guy never had enough money to buy the loose ones she saves for him)

I then asked both tellers if they had any in their trays. The other teller had $30 rolled and some loose ones. I said I would take the rolled ones. She pulled open her drawer and I got a peek at the loose ones and the very last one was a dull white color. I told her I would take the loose also. She was happy to get rid of them.

Couldn't wait to get to my car to check it out, a 1964 half!! These old eyes are pretty good to spot silver from 4 feet away.

I am going to save the box for the weekend. Did take a peek at the ends though and saw one 40%, so lookin good.

Upvote 0

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Gotta love it when you see a little bit of silver in the loose halves. Its even better when they start counting out the loose halves and you start seeing franklins and walkers. Then you have to pretend like your not excited LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread