Recycle, Reuse, CRH way

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking the other day and had a wicked idea. I have cats. I have 4 cats which means a lot of kitty litter. I like to get the plastic jugs that aren't see-though. Favorite brand is the new fresh and light brand. 25% lighter and I don't blow my shoulders out carrying the jugs around. Well I had a lot of these jugs around and true to my redneck recycler lifestyle I use them from everything from tomato plant holders to waterers for my fruit trees. That's easy. Poke some holes in the bottom, set it by a tree with some rocks inside to hold it in place, fill it up from the top and it slowly waters the tree over time, giving the tree time to soak all that goodness up. Great for keeping water in too for when the electricity goes out. at least I have water to flush the toilet with. LOL.

Well I was thinking about containers for my bulk coins, mainly my growing copper hoard. and a lightbulb went off. Why not use the kitty litter jugs for holding coins. Granted they are flimsy but I filled one jug with coins and set it down by the kitty litter pans. No one would know that it is anything other than another jug of litter. If I ever get enough to melt down (just the canadian pennies, btw) I have a handcart that I can use to load them up to the back of my mom's truck. I figure if I got the lead out, I could save nickels for their nickel content. And if I ever had to get at the coins, a quick swip of a box cutter off the top and I am set.

Hope this stirs the mind juices,
Garoulady

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
at the end of the christmas/New year season the holiday packages that held liqueor, like if you bought a bottle of Jager you got 2 shot glasses with it. well the managers open the boxes and put the bottles of liqueor back on the shelves and let us have first dibs on the extra goodies. I have 4 jager shot glasses and a whiskey flask wrapped in leather. I don't drink so I figure either I can sell them on Ebay for silver money or give them away to relatives for gifts. Either way, didn't cost me a thing.

Hey!! BTW, found out about my ROTH IRA that if I cash it out now before it matures in august I only have to pay a penalty of 6 bucks! Not bad. If I wait till august, no penalty. I figure as long as I get my 1000 back, any extra money is gravy. So for 6 years of waiting, I got an extra 56 dollars. Eeesh, I rather have a 1000 in silver. Quick question I was wondering if I should by bullion from LCSs or from provident metal? The one LCS I know tacks on an additional 4 dollars per ounce. I am wondering if I buy 500 bucks in buillion and 500 in junk silver, if they will lower it down. Anyone know what a good rate for that would be/

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Provident metals, Any ideas what kind would give me the best deal?

Sincerely, Garoulady

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you've been selling lately (like nickel finds). No? I'm sure you know, but trading in and out of silver usually costs you more than anything you can make. Commissions eat away at what you bring in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread