jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets face it with CRH we all pay 1964 silver prices :)..face value cha ching!

yea I get mine for Free digging it out the ground,
But I wouldn't mind paying $5.00 for Silver dollars

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes total sense, silver is essentially worthless to joe anybody unless they use it industrially, its usefulness is Zero unless for investment purposes which I highly recommend electronic silver.

If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if diverting the CRH swing doesn't interfere with the volume of finds.

Sure Ag spot might be lower than it was a while back, but you'll never beat buying it at face value.

Ditto.

But also keep in mind that the stock market it at an all-time high. Anyone remember what happened when the same was true of the housing market? And it will probably only take one more shock to the financial system for the whole thing to crumble like the proverbial house of cards; inflation is way up (though nary a word in the lame-stream press), the unemployment situation is pathetic and will continue to deteriorate, there is a huge medical insurance crisis looming on the horizon thanks to the "affordable" health care act that will permiate everywhere, the president (small "p" intended) is talking about spending even more money that we don't have on universal (manditory) government pre-school and the government has just opened an investigation into alleged "irregularities" at Standard & Poor's as a means to intimidate them into refraining from yet another downgrade of our credit rating. Oh, and don't forget the Russians and the Chinese buying up tons--litterally--of gold and silver, while the U.S. continues to sell what it has.

Recipe for disaster?

Last edited:

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought 6 90% half dollar rolls
franks walkings and barbers!!!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
24-hour Spot Chart - Silver

The price of silver past couple-a days has been going down, down, down, perhaps when it drops some more, it will be a good time to buy some Ag. Anyone think its a good idea if it keeps dropping, to take some money out of the CRH fund, and put it into the Ag investments?

I did just that today. Last day to make Roth IRA investments for 2012; I took $1,500 out of my CRH budget and funded what remained of my 2012 Roth maximum. Immediately bought 10 shares GLD and 10 shares SLV. Lucky coincidence for me that April 15 happened to be the day that precious metals took a nosedive.

Might take awhile to build up my CRH funds again, but got to take advantage of tax free investments when you can...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's all Monkey / see Monkey do
everyone is selling nobody is buying

Peyton Manning

Gold Member