Question about coin counting machines in banks.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a self service machine just dump in a few dollars at a time. You could also just buy a stacker with a funnel on top. GL

Laater...

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been both short changed and given credit for coins that weren't mine, but in the long run I have always found the coin counting machines to be accurate and the differences will probably average out over the long term. If not, I just assume its part of the cost of buying and selling coins in bulk from the bank since I haven't ever paid a fee to buy or return any coins.

Also, looking at the big picture, I figure the amount of gas I have used driving to and from various banks far outweighs any gain or loss I have received as a result of the coin counting machine.

J

jblavit

Cyberdan,
I just started coin roll hunting on halves and was very nervous about the same thing you were, but anyway I was skunked on my first $1000 in halves so brought them back to the bank and put them into the coin counting machine and thankfully it counted them at exactly $1000. So for now I feel pretty content with how they count.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions