$100 bag from US Bank short?

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So couldn't find any rolls of 1/2 dollars but a US Bank had a bag that was sealed and marked $100. This being my first chance to try this out I bought it and my son and I went through this weekend. It is short 4 pieces, only $98 in there so now my son and I are already down $2 with nothing of value found. Is this common? I have read of people missing a coin out of a box, but this 4 coins out of a small bag. :-(

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a 100 dollar bill and you take it to the bank to trade for 50 cent pieces, how many will you get? :-)

It depends on what the bank has. They can have $100, $101, $100.50, $0, $1000, or any other number. They can also choose to not give them to you.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread seems to wander all over. I posted to this forum to see if it was expected or unexpected in regards to my experience. I have been answered that regardless of the bag being signed, sealed and specified as having 100 dollars that it really means around 100 dollars. So be it. I received an answer. End of thread.

It means there is $100, but machines make mistakes. Also, let's not close threads, but appreciate extra discussion.

Last edited:

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I would say you tought him a very valuable lesson, definatly worth the two dollares you lost in order for him to learn as well-its all about perspective. I agree with staying with the MWR's or boxes, they are a "safer" bet. but it is still a bet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread