I ask for "HALVES" and they look at me funny!!!!

DrawkcaB

Mar 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not kidding when I say, here in NorthEast Ohio when I "hit" my (6) local banks in town, and I ask if they have "HALVES", the tellers look at me like I just came out of a VW from 1975. One older lady said, their bank (Charter one) hasn't received halves in years..... I'm like, are you serious?

Then today when I "hit" Third Federal, My son wanted to do $25 in pennies. The teller said, we have 2 options. 1) buy the new box they just received from brinks or 2) buy the $10 rolls she had. She said these were the ONLY pennies she had available, at 3pm today. Can this be?

I will say though, at Third Federal, my son and I have stopped often recently, and when we walked in, she asked my son, "Do you have a dime?", he replied yes. She said, "here, I saved this for you knowing you would be in today." and traded him his dime for a 1962 dime.... Very kind of her......oh and she's a cutie too!!!:hello2::icon_thumright::laughing7:

Upvote 0

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
one time i asked for halves, they said they don't have any, then i asked if they had any $2 bills and she's like "OH, you're into the OLD stuff!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread