OMG- 1 short of a full roll...

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Just cashed in at a coin machine bank and took receipt to teller... Asked if she or any of the others had and halfs or big dollars... No, Nope, Uhh-no, No, Yeah- I got $10.00 worth... You want them?
Yes please.

She carries them over loose and sets them in a stack between me and my teller. I almosted choked trying to hold back the OHH boy and big happy facial expression! From 3 feet, I could tell it was solid and the top coin was a 67. Any way, played it cool, let her finish, scooped up my cash and coin and walked out with them stuffed in a pocket like it's no big thang.

Immediately checked them in the parking lot and --Then-- disheartingly found 1 dang 1972 right in the middle of my ALMOST solid roll of 40%ers... Sweet defeat though...
PEACE
CRH 10 stack from teller 1.JPG

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet... It's always hard to act normal when you see a teller with silver in their hand...

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great score!! Any day like that is a good day. HH

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!

Yesterday I went into a bank, asked if they had any halves, The drive thru teller overheard me, and walked over saying she has 2.50 worth, and one of them "might" be silver... So as she comes over, the other 3 tellers are starting to crowd around and see it. I see its a 69, I just casually say, Nah 1964 and older are silver.

They all just bought it, and said, oh it must just be real shiny... hahah... Normally I dont mention silver at all, but I had to do something, as 4 tellers were starting to look carefully at it... lol

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score one more. We've all been there. You see the silver and try to stay calm. The longer it sits on the counter, the harder it is to keep the poker face on. Hurry up and give it before silver sniper comes back from her break. HH

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score, you played it nicely by just staying calm and do your happy dance in the car so they can't see you anymore lol. I picked had one of my banks mention that they had 90 dollars worth of halves that have been rotting in their bag under the coin counting machine for years. I was like well if you want me to i will take them over to another bank for you and get them out of your hair. They were very appreciative, and i found 10 40% halves hahaha, win win!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread