New guy here, my results so far

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now. I'm a dedicated treasure hunter indeed! My gf always makes fun of my Indiana Jones outlook. However it's fun and she recently got me a metal detector for my birthday. It's a cheapo intro one, but it got me hooked on the hobby quick.

Then I discovered CRH... It's been game over for about two weeks now. I've opened two new accounts and already made friends with tellers and have some that are straight rude to me lol. Anyways, started with my local bank, then quickly realized they are most likely the dump bank around here. All the half rolls I got were skunks and also rolled by that bank. Also informed by more than one teller that they hunt as well and snag all that comes in. So congrats, my official dump bank.

Day 1 - scored a 1960 Rosie at the coinstar sitting on the floor. (Silver fever grows)

$250 in skunks from my dump bank

Day 2 - find a new source, buy all the halves ($240)
1 40%

Day 3 - same bank dif branch, open an account and get their $340 in halves
1 90%

Day 4 - I've already been blacklisted at one bank, but they offer to order me a box since I opened an account ($10 charge, I say ok this one time)

Hit 3 banks on the way home, no halves anywhere. So I decided to get some dimes. Got $100 (all 2012), $200 (all clear rolls, skunks), and $100 in loomis 1 - 1964 Rosie

Today $240 in halves - skunk
2 boxes of dimes
1 - 1959 Rosie
1 - 1964 Rosie

Found a roll of war nickels for $18 under melt, so I grabbed it too. When I went to buy it he tossed me two extras for driving to him! Decent day today :)

Upvote 0

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the $10 charge for the account (one time fee) or the fee for ordering a box? If the later that is wicked steep.

OP
OP
mira263

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the later, I said I would do it once. I found another bank today that says they would order all I wanted. So prob going to set up an acct there tomorrow and using the bank charging me as a second dump.

Although another branch of the same bank that's charging me is really cool to me and were more than happy to get rid of all their halves. The head teller set up my account. So I might be able to get one through her

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$10 / box? That is insane. Greedy banks. Dump hard on them. If they say anything but thank you, point out how much it costs them to order coin and you will supply them with lots of coin and no fee for them to have to pay.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
QUOTE=mercury1;3242985]$10 / box? That is insane. Greedy banks. Dump hard on them. If they say anything but thank you, point out how much it costs them to order coin and you will supply them with lots of coin and no fee for them to have to pay.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think:evil4:[

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool deal on the Nickels...I gotta agree with what many already said. $10 for a box is redic! You gotta hope there's at least one 90% in there to cover that fee.

OP
OP
mira263

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't have to get it, just told them I would. I guess I could wait til it comes in and send a friend in instead :)

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate paying anything. But I will if I have to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread