Hello Ms Morgan! ;)

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Hey all, last night, I was visiting a friend from church, and he wanted to show me his coin collection.. After seeing all the sweet stuff he has that he purchased back when silver was like 15 an oz. He says "Here ya go." And hands me an 1890 S Morgan Dollar!!!!! "It's yours." I was shocked!! Lol
It happens to be my first one! And I'm really excited about it!! HH

Attachments

• image-338520649.jpg
    image-338520649.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image-1377103346.jpg
    image-1377103346.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know offhand how much actual silver is in a silver dollar? They seem to be prices right at silver spot price.

Unless there at spot including a possible premium on them

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3/4 oz. silver in morgans

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One LCS near me which offers decent prices to buy junk silver also pays for Morgans on the same spot-related basis. However, check APMEX and you will see that even they are offering well over spot for Morgans. I believe that, most of the time, even common Morgans sell for well over spot.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love generous friends:thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully the dollar's designer, George T. Morgan, will forgive you for calling him a Ms.
Still you made a great score!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweet gift!! No offense, but did you check it with a magnet? Someone found another recently from a teller tray and it turned out to be fake. I'm sure yours is real since the friend had been buying the silver, but I try to check things like that to be sure. I'd love to have one myself but it's not jealousy speaking, just cautiousness. HH

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Sweet gift!! No offense, but did you check it with a magnet? Someone found another recently from a teller tray and it turned out to be fake. I'm sure yours is real since the friend had been buying the silver, but I try to check things like that to be sure. I'd love to have one myself but it's not jealousy speaking, just cautiousness. HH

It's all good.. Ya with all of these fakes it's kinda hard to know what's the real thing is anymore smh! he said he bought it in the early 90s, but I'll still do a magnet check to verify this.. HH

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I understand it, you would be holding Lady Liberty, and the Coin was designed by Mr. Morgan. :P

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
"And that's all I need! Except for this chair. This chair, and 3/4 oz. silver morgans, and that's all I need..."

LMAO, another classic there! Man does that movie bring back memories! Good one there Bad Wolf! I know what my special purpose is for. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Free Silver is the best Silver! Nice score! HH,Maverick.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im buying a bunch of morgans and peace dollars at spot from a guy tomorrow.. As well as a bunch of dimes and quarters to start filling whitmans..

Ill get back w pics tomorrow night..

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad way to get a coin! I've gotten stuff from inspecting others collections that I meet at banks, but usually a buffalo nick or some old tokens, never a morgan that is sweet! My grandma gave me a Morgan but I had to play cards with her for several hours! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread