323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gone skunkin'

After a pretty decent start of the year, things have gotten ridiculously skunky around here. The last 42 boxes have produced a TOTAL of only 2 silvers, both of which were 40%. The numbers are indeed telling. Hope things improve soon, otherwise I may have to go out metal detecting in the mudpits that were once supposed to be cornfields!

CRH STATS.jpg

Upvote 0

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad week for me to, 24 boxes and (1) 40%, 18 brinks, 6 garda, so you did 16 boxes this week??

OP
OP

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bad week for me to, 24 boxes and (1) 40%, 18 brinks, 6 garda, so you did 16 boxes this week??

Yeah, did 16 boxes this week. Next week I have 18 boxes on order. I'm working my way up to 30/week by the beginning of April. Something has to give, eventually... either the silver starts showing up in the boxes, or I'll be digging out the Etrac and getting reacquainted with the smell of cow dung.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm...that smell stays in your nose for days and in your memory forever!

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, did 16 boxes this week. Next week I have 18 boxes on order. I'm working my way up to 30/week by the beginning of April. Something has to give, eventually... either the silver starts showing up in the boxes, or I'll be digging out the Etrac and getting reacquainted with the smell of cow dung.

Good luck with doing 30. How many of my "purple stripe" coins you see this week??? My boxes were loaded with my february dumps.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spreadsheet... I need to get into one... is Excel free at all?

Bad run of boxes!! Dang that stinks, are they all from the same coin carrier? or do you have it mixed

OP
OP

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with doing 30. How many of my "purple stripe" coins you see this week??? My boxes were loaded with my february dumps.

HH-- I came across several with stripes, but haven't paid much attention to color... I'm a bit colorblind, and have a hard time distinguishing between blues and purples. I'll pay attention on the next week's boxes, have my wife take a look at the color, and let you know.

If anyone comes across halves marked with a Chinese character on the reverse (in black Sharpie), those are mine. I've only marked about 100 of them, so there aren't many.

OP
OP

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spreadsheet... I need to get into one... is Excel free at all?

Bad run of boxes!! Dang that stinks, are they all from the same coin carrier? or do you have it mixed

Thanks, Infowarrior. I'm a bit of a Luddite, and still use a Windows XP machine with Office 2003 Professional. So, I guess Excel is free that way. You couldn't pay me to use anything newer from Microsoft (...or Apple, or anyone else for that matter).

As for the coin carriers, I'm not 100% who they are. My source banks are all Chase, 2 branches in Columbus and 1 Chase branch in a small town 60 miles away. I'm guessing they are all supplied by Brinks. Next week I'll be adding one new source bank (Huntington), so hopefully that helps.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As for the coin carriers, I'm not 100% who they are. My source banks are all Chase, 2 branches in Columbus and 1 Chase branch in a small town 60 miles away. I'm guessing they are all supplied by Brinks. Next week I'll be adding one new source bank (Huntington), so hopefully that helps.

Are they square boxes, or the long flat boxes? The square boxes say Brinks on them.

OP
OP

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they square boxes, or the long flat boxes? The square boxes say Brinks on them.

FF-- The boxes are almost always the little perfectly square ones where the rolls are stacked. The wrappers have varied from ones that actually say "Brinks" (yellowish writing, I believe) to black/dark brown writing that only say "$10 Halves".

A couple of times they've given me a mix of the square boxes with 2 or 3 of the long flat boxes. So, that kind of confuses the issue.

A while back I did ask them what carrier they use, they said that it's policy not to provide that information.

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know about the bank 60 miles away with the boxes but around central ohio chase is both brinks and garda, depending on the branch. The garda are the flat yellow boxes with the black and white wrappers. Huntington will be all brinks cubes.

Im hoping for some fresh coins flowing through this week. Iv still got 3-4 branches I can hit for lose rolls that dont seem educated or hammered by other hunters, gonna try them monday or tuesday. Im also guarding a bank with a machine with the bags for 2 monthes now, nothing has filled yet, I really want that half bag, but dont have an account, I just pop in every 2 weeks, they are suppossed to call me when the dime,quarter,half bag fills.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all are having bad weeks right now it will turn around soon. I only found 7.8oz with 46 boxes. This week is low for me. I ordered more boxes to make up for the bad week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread