"Theres no silver in those boxes."

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There's no silver in those boxes."

When I first started visiting this bank six weeks ago, I was pleased to see that they had rolls of halves on hand. However, they originally told me that they limit non-customers to two rolls per visit. Six weeks later (yesterday) they tried tagging me with a ten cent charge per roll. None of the rolls I purchased produced, so I didn't like that option. Either open an account, or walk.

I opened an account today at this bank, since I was down to one pick up bank. I had an interesting encounter with the bank manager. I set up an order for two boxes of halves per week, which he said was more than fine. In addition, I bought out the remainder of the halves that I was slowly chipping away at week after week.

Unsolicited, he told me that there is no silver in Loomis boxes. Loomis takes out all the silver while sorting. He said if that's the reason I'm going through half dollars, that it would be a waste of my time. I politely agreed with him and walked out with the halves, though almost all of my silver finds have been from Loomis.

But...he was right. Loomis didn't give me any silver in THIS particular box. But I am so glad to have another pickup bank and so close to home! :)

Upvote 0

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some teller say the same thing, maybe thats why they are "tellers" cuz they are telling lies :tongue3:

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some teller say the same thing, maybe thats why they are "tellers" cuz they are telling lies :tongue3:

I agree. Most tellers I cross have no idea what kind of rolls have silver or not. LOL. I have hit it big in Loomis rolls!

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would have made this experience amazing is if I would have found just one silver coin in the rolls he gave me. Unfortunately, I have to wait for that moment next week Friday when my first order from this bank arrives.

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
mine come from Loomis...and I have to say I am getting ready to give up...I have not found a single silver or proof in over $10,000 in halves...Im just pissing off my dump bank at this point :(

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way...I see your in Madison, my brother in West Bend just ordered a box from his local bank, I will let you know if he finds any silver in his box

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I've found plenty in Loomis. In fact, Loomis seems to be the dominate coin carrier in the Madison area. That's the true beauty of the bank manager's comments. I've got a nice start to a silver stack in the last three months. I was hoping to prove this particular bank manager wrong on box #1, but that will have to wait until next week. Not that I'd tell him either way, of course. :)

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a teller at one of my pick-up banks that floats around from branch to branch, and he says this every time he's at whatever branch that I'm picking halves up at. I get the impression that he buys boxes for himself after his shift is over, so he's saying it just to dissuade me from buying the boxes before he can.

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys ever think of the fact that a smart CRH would tell the tellers "There is no silver in those boxes" so the tellers DONT start looking and taking the CRH's silver? Maybe the tellers are just parrots repeating what the smart CRHs are telling them?

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my general experience so far has been that most tellers don't pay attention or care about silver. This bank manager is either misinformed or purposely trying to dissuade coin roll hunters. I'm guessing he is just misinformed. Like I said though, I'm not telling him about anything I find other than proofs and errors...because that is what I'm looking for! ;)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a branch that one teller there swears up and down that I am finding tons of Silver in boxes and that is why I keep a 6 box order a week there, I keep telling her that is is slim to none and I'm lucky to find 1 or 2 in every order of 6, but she doesn't believe me. HH, Maverick.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People get hung up on this courier being good and that bank being bad. Blanket statements about a courier or national bank are simply incorrect. It depends on the location or region. They all have different management. They all have different employees and differing opportunities. It's possible a Loomis location that supplies a particular bank has someone breaking rules and pulling silver. It could also be someone at the bank pulling the silver. They may be weighing every roll...who knows. The point is that you can't believe blanket statements about any courier or national bank but if you hear reports about something happening in your region, then there's a good change it will affect you.

Btw, I've had managers and tellers tell me "there is no silver". I believe some were truly trying to be helpful because I found no silver. Others just believe we are a pest and they are trying to discourage our actions.

OO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread