When you spot a sniping teller at your bank...

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is this Suntrust bank near by my work and I stop there every once in awhile, all of my visits have been friendly until yesterday afternoon..I go in there to pick up a box of nickles (will post results later) and I ask this new lady if she has any loose halves (because I've dumped boxes there in the past and don't want them back), she responds with "oh no these all have been looked through already and someone dropped a box off last week (it was me and she didn't know it) and they were all looked through too, we sent it back through Brinks already"..Im thinking dayummm looks like I got a new sniping teller on my hands. She then proceeds to show me some flier that this local coin shop gave her, clearly a advertising scheme to get tellers to call them whenever they have anything of value. The whole thing just turned me off..She must have went through my dumps to know someone had already been through them, kinda creepy if you ask me lol. She ends up telling me how an old guy about a year ago dropped off 10 rolls of solid silver coins (in which she didn't know the value of at the time) and she ended up selling all but 3 of the rolls, she bought the rest..she said they were mostly walkers and bens and she sold them to a coin shop for 11.50 each..Lucky score indeed..Long story short she knows what coins are worth lol..I told her i just looked for 1987, its a rare date (a coin I truly hardly ever find). In this case do you think I should only use this bank as a dumper or do you think its still a safe to order from? ???

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the boxes are sealed, I think you're safe.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry about box orders; I can't imagine even a sniping teller opening a sealed box that someone ordered and looking through it. However, it looks like you can kiss your loose halves and CWRs goodbye.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:( haha thats what I was afraid of..beware of the sniping tellers, they will take your AG and educate other tellers at the same time...a loud mouth sniping teller is the worse and this lady would talk for hours if you let her lol...

Sniping teller: tumblr_lu5ozrz5yP1qztqsao1_500.gif

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a Snipper comes along, you must whip it, whip it good!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first publicly snipping teller is now giving me his silver when I open an account at his bank this afternoon! Two silver quarters to start, and whatever else he finds after.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad perk to join a bank, more banks should do that lol

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know! I need to find me some more of these!

mudd

Mar 16, 2013
Kansas city,KS
Detector(s) used
a 50$ Silver seeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats no good, I too have had some problems with many "taddle tellers" I call them, they tell everybody that works there at the bank about silve coins I know that some are aware of them but dont refresh their memory!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats no good, I too have had some problems with many "taddle tellers" I call them, they tell everybody that works there at the bank about silve coins I know that some are aware of them but dont refresh their memory!

haha exactly keep all those brain cells dormant for our sake!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got done opening the account, and as promised:

bmoquarters.JPG

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice quarters. I have noticed that the 64 must have been a ender I have noticed the circular damage from the rolling machine on a lot of Enders ESP nickels.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sniping teller is not an absolute end to loose tray finds. Sure, their tray will be barren but other tellers in the same bank might be holding. It always makes sense to clear a bank of all loose halves. It's but a few bucks more to add to your next dump. If you are there for any reason, take all loose halves. There's nothing to lose, plenty to gain.

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
I have a lady at BOA here in Columbia SC and she the floor manager. She is the biggest sniper ever. The worst thing is she moves all I've and I never know where she will turn up. Lost a cache of Ike's to her one time. Over $500.00 worth. Was not happy.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you can start buying her silver? Start asking if she wants to sell and tell her the local pawn always rips people off, and you collect and pay more. Maybe give her 70% melt or so.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
OnARoll, you have a teller at this bank that likes to sort halves... make her happy by giving her plenty to sort through

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol good point $nack-Money, there's more where that came from!

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OnARoll, A box can be weighed or potentially re-sealed. I am naturally pessimistic so take that for what it's worth. But I wouldn't buy boxes from that bank if I had other options.

If you really need this bank, try buying a few boxes and see how it goes. Otherwise, do as suggested and give them some halves to search :)

OO

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice quarters. I have noticed that the 64 must have been a ender I have noticed the circular damage from the rolling machine on a lot of Enders ESP nickels.

Someone was giving out Estonian euros as a souvenir at an event I attended, and I happened to get the ender one. No one really collected, but I as the only collector received an ender.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread