Upvote 0
OP
OP
PhattyB

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I am going to start to get brinks boxes again! Are you going to get the Quarter Eagle slabbed?

Yes, most definitely getting it slabbed. Would be a shame to accidentally send it through a rolling machine again :tongue3:

Seriously though, I'm not sure which company I want to slab it with. This would be the first coin that I've ever had done. I think there is a coin store about 50 miles from me that will submit to PGCS.

OP
OP
PhattyB

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My jaw dropped when i saw the gold... if it wasnt for secrecy, i would vote banner

I kinda thought it would be banner worthy since this was incredibly rare, but I guess not.. Since it's been so long, I no longer think they'll put it up.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even without the quarter eagle, that is - BY FAR - the best dime box I have ever seen.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, most definitely getting it slabbed. Would be a shame to accidentally send it through a rolling machine again :tongue3:

Seriously though, I'm not sure which company I want to slab it with. This would be the first coin that I've ever had done. I think there is a coin store about 50 miles from me that will submit to PGCS.

Since this coin has no apparent damage, any company will do. The prices for PCGS and NGC are about the same.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda thought it would be banner worthy since this was incredibly rare, but I guess not.. Since it's been so long, I no longer think they'll put it up.

If a lot of people would have voted banner, it would be up. I would vote banner, but I don't want the attention to CRH.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you all read the banner thread about the Civil war ring? It was great, they even found photos of the man who died.

Everyone was complaning about the Dug Gold Coins getting banner. So, if they are hesitant to bannerize a dug gold coin, I bet they will really be adverse to a CRHing find.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of us here on the CRH forum know that is beyond banner worthy. We dont need the rest of this site to tell us that. Not to mention proof which is more than I can say for some of the dug ones. What he found is more rare than digging one any day. Congrats on your amazing find! Best of luck in the future.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All of us here on the CRH forum know that is beyond banner worthy. We dont need the rest of this site to tell us that. Not to mention proof which is more than I can say for some of the dug ones. What he found is more rare than digging one any day. Congrats on your amazing find! Best of luck in the future.
Proof of a dug coin vs roll hunted? They are photos, we trust that all photos are evidence of a finder's success. I have to say that as much as I love roll hunting, a monkey can do it (no offence to monkeys). It takes a lot of skill, more so than luck, to dig rare coins.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
Proof of a dug coin vs roll hunted? They are photos, we trust that all photos are evidence of a finder's success. I have to say that as much as I love roll hunting, a monkey can do it (no offence to monkeys). It takes a lot of skill, more so than luck, to dig rare coins.

Seems to me that most gold coins are dug by chance as well. They are great finds as well.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that most gold coins are dug by chance as well. They are great finds as well.

If Chance means tons of research, and field time, then yeah. Gold coins are Totally by chance :P

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cool for us to disagree. No need to turn this thread into another fight

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyway you cut it, finding gold is awesome! I think we all agree on that.

peace - I am a huge smart A, so I apologize.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

It is always a chance, since there is no map that says, "Here is a gold eagle." However, you can research old areas and there is a lot of research used in trying to find old and virgin sites. With CRH, there is not much research possible (other than finding where senior communities are).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread