Call me Ismael, I have found my white whale...

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last 6 months I have periodically tried to hunt down a bank that can order me the legendary bag of Ikes. Countless banks turned me down and it seemed impossible. I would tell these bankers that I KNOW it is possible, I see it on here and similar CRH websites. People can somehow get these magical bags of Ikes, why can't I?

Well my day finally came. Two weeks ago I sent a message to a relative on facebook who works for a big bank (I will keep the banks name secret). She is a vault inspector of sorts from what I understood and frequents banks all the time, why I didn't turn to this relative originally is beyond me, guess I'm slow. I sent her this message asking if she could help me in my quest and I was looking for a vault teller to go to the ends of the earth along side me to order some Ike dollars. Two weeks go by after I send my message and nothing, no response. Then right when I forgot about the message entirely I get a message asking for me to call her.

She proceeds to tell me that she contacted one of her vault tellers and told them to call the coin service company. After contacting the coin service company they informed her they could specially deliver bags of Eisenhowers to them, but only if they have them.... and it turns out they DO have some in stock! My relative asked me how many I wanted, and a bag holds $1000. I said well turns out a bag of $1000 is exactly what I am looking for!!

Now I don't yet have the big in hand, but man I have the white while on the end of my fishing line and am luring her in!

This could be it! I will know for sure this thursday and I will keep everyone posted.... CROSSING FINGERS!

Upvote 0

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in the same boat, minus the rod, line, hook, bait, weight, reel, and oars. all the asking I've done has netted me a spot in the boat to watch the whales go by.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he's using a metaphor.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he might have meant friday, or next thursday? Since he posted the message at 11:44pm on thursday lol.

GOOD LUCK!

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure about ismael but i know captain ahab did. Just dont get your leg bit off on this one.

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he might have meant friday, or next thursday? Since he posted the message at 11:44pm on thursday lol.

GOOD LUCK!

Yeah sorry guys, the bag of Ikes will come next thursday, i will for SURE updated everyone. maybe even do a video!

OP
OP
R

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Ahab did hunt the white whale... people are more familiar with the line "call me Ismael"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread