Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read through other posts you'll see that that's not unusual- you could go several thousands $$$$ without finding anything- or get a couple rolls- like someone earlier today posted and find something-
There is a newbie thread in the stickies section at the very top and I highly recommend read through that-

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay ... So we went out and got about 1k worth of coins ... Not one silver. We didn't even find any of the other coins we collect ("s" minted state quarters, and "d" minted Wisconsin)!!!

We got our coins from multiple locations: bank, grocery store, convenient stores, change machines, etc..

What are we doing wrong? Or is this normal?
Yep, in most cases, that's normal. It takes a love of the hobby to stick with it, through the ups and downs...but all it takes is one jackpot to get the blood pounding...and you know you're hooked.

OP
OP
Heysenn

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
Huh ... Well, that's a lot of work! I think we'll just stick to MD. :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver is getting so hard to come by... you read all of the silver being found on here, but for every post you read about somebody finding a lot of silver, 100 other people are finding nothing and are not posting about that.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver is getting so hard to come by... you read all of the silver being found on here, but for every post you read about somebody finding a lot of silver, 100 other people are finding nothing and are not posting about that.

I got to thinking about this as well- I bet you're off a little on the 1/100 finds but still I bet there are quite a few who just get skunked and don't post and give up- and it's gonna keep thinning out with more joining
HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya, I do about $2,000 in volume each week, I haven't posted anything decent in months. just 1 silver here, 1 silver there, the occasional 2 silvers... now mind me, I search more dimes than halves, though i've been getting some costly miscounts with the coin counting machine lately... i've considered dropping dimes altogether and doing pennies, nickels, and quarters.
I got to thinking about this as well- I bet you're off a little on the 1/100 finds but still I bet there are quite a few who just get skunked and don't post and give up- and it's gonna keep thinning out with more joining
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread