Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
The 18 year old kid that i am tells me that I am sad to see the silver that I bought at 30 per oz be worth so much less but the wise 18 year old adult said that today I'm going to find good deals on silver and buy more! I'd love to take advantage of the market dip

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Absolutely. Its like the tides but less predictable

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped at my LCS and asked about silver. Their rounds of AG was going for 28 an ounce, Their halves are going for 25 times face while the quarters were going for 23 times face. When I asked, the guy said it was because they have a person willing to buy halves for more than the LCS could buy from their wholesaler. I sat around and yakked with him for a while and he told me that right now, the store owner said to sell silver for 23 times face-value and silver at 28 only to customers they know. If they don't know the person, they are to charge 33 times face. I laughed and told him he was pulling my chain. The store owner came by and said nope, that's what he wanted. Not sure why that is but I just left with my goodies. I figure as long as its above 6 bucks and I am not buy thousands of dollars worth, I am making good. On the side, they had a bag of $88 dollars face value of silver that they were selling for $1,800. Man, I wish I had the money for that. I got out of there fast before I bought something I would regret.

Sincerely, GarouLady

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I stopped at my LCS and asked about silver. Their rounds of AG was going for 28 an ounce, Their halves are going for 25 times face while the quarters were going for 23 times face. When I asked, the guy said it was because they have a person willing to buy halves for more than the LCS could buy from their wholesaler. I sat around and yakked with him for a while and he told me that right now, the store owner said to sell silver for 23 times face-value and silver at 28 only to customers they know. If they don't know the person, they are to charge 33 times face. I laughed and told him he was pulling my chain. The store owner came by and said nope, that's what he wanted. Not sure why that is but I just left with my goodies. I figure as long as its above 6 bucks and I am not buy thousands of dollars worth, I am making good. On the side, they had a bag of $88 dollars face value of silver that they were selling for $1,800. Man, I wish I had the money for that. I got out of there fast before I bought something I would regret.

Sincerely, GarouLady

The problem is most of these lcs and pawn stores are into it for way more than melt right now. Stopped in a pawn shop today and they were selling silver bars for 28.50 ea. he ordered them 4 months ago and just got them in last week. So he couldn't sell for less that what he paid. He had a couple hundred bars. He was way stressed too. But some people we paying that. Ill wait for a better deal like I got yesterday at $1 over spot.

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a roll of Rosie's for 92$ plus tax. Thats 2$ above spot but with the silver down like it is I'm happy with only 2$ over spot.

ForumRunner_20130416_180748.png

ForumRunner_20130416_180953.png

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
If it goes below $20 an ounce, I am going to have my entire body plated in silver.. I have been patiently waiting for silver to drop so I can get this procedure done.. Then I can quit my day job and follow my boyhood dream of becoming a robotic street performer...

View attachment 778494

only works if you were 1970 and before, otherwise you'll turn into a solid chunk of clad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread