Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I really would like a new Tesoro Sand Shark. Detecting the beach is really fun and I am going on vacation to Florida in early May, so I am ready to start in the surf this summer. And did not want to interrupt my crh bankroll or my financial peace plan. So I decided to sell the $35 face in 40% halves I had, along with some 90% silver dimes to supplement getting the $600.

Well, to get spot +$2 face for 90% and not have to deal with CL or feebay, I sold to Apmex. I had to sell $1000 worth, so I took some of the profit and bought a 10 gram Perth Mint gold bar. Buy Gold Online | Buy 10 gram Perth Mint Gold Bar .9999 Fine (In Assay) | APMEX.com

I did not want to sell at these levels, but I got to diversify into my first gold bullion, get a new toy to get more Ag and Au and take this price in case of prices getting worse for sellers. I have been doing a lot of dimes lately, and found a couple decent 40% scores, so this is basically the last month or so of finds of these coin types.

If anyone has a salt water MD recommendation, let me know.
Plus, I can't wait to hold this! http://www.apmex.com/Resources/Catalog Images/Products/57162_Rev.jpg

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other TNET members in the metal detecting forum know more than I do, but from what I understand the Sand shark is primarily a beach hunting detector.. You will most likely get more depth and less interference in salt water with this machine, but I would personally recommend getting an ATPRO or another machine, because the others in your price range will do great both on the beach and on normal dirt ground.. Unless you live right next to the beach, spending 600 dollars on a detector built specifically for beach hunting is a waste in my opinion.. I use a minelab etrac which is absolutely great, but I primarily hunt cellar holes and old colonial home sites.. Mind you, I do also take this machine on the beach, but it is not water proof so I cannot go too deep into the water and have to be careful during the tides.. Once again I would recommend looking into the garrett atpro.. It is completely waterproof, great in salt water and I know you will get great results if you just so happen to meet a friend who has a colonial property you can detect. Diversify.. Make sure that if you buy a tesoro sand shark, you will only be metal detecting on the beach and nowhere else. Otherwise there are better options..

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Addicted. I have a Garrett Ace 350 I use on land and on the beach. I take an almost weekly 50 min drive to the shore in the summer, and a couple camping trips a summer to the beach. Personally I do not love the Garrett and would like to get another brand. I am looking for something to use in the water. Another option might be White's beach hunter.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with the ace350 is in salt water you will get too much interference and will be provided no depth, so I understand your trouble.. Have you looked into one of the water proof minelabs like the xterra or the safari? I am probably just bias, but I have used garrets, whites and fishers.. IMO minelabs far surpass all of them.. Once again it is really up to preference..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread