Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the not so long kind with two rows of rolls

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Brinks box yesterday was a skunk, except for a proof coin and 3 not issued for circulation coins.
Picked up my 2nd Brinks box today, haven't searched yet. Although same types of rolls I have found 1-2 40% so I know they are in there at times
Also picked up a box of String and Son and found 1 40% already in the first 10 rolls, so hopefully that continues to produce.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good finds out of brinks boxes of halves? I picked one up today and started but so far no silver, I watched a youtube vid of somebody going through a couple brinks boxes of halves with no silver, is it just random or is there less silver in brinks boxes? Thanks
Forget what you see on youtube, that is maybe, one search out of hundreds if not thousands.

Marl

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2013
I'm new... read the forum for a few weeks absorbing info before posting.... but I got my first halves box Tuesday, and had two 40%ers in it. It was brinks. Very cool. Just gotta finalize the account at my soon to be dump bank and do it again!

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I can only get brinks. From what I have heard there bad but from my experience they can be great! One Thursday about 3 weeks ago I picked up 2 boxes and between the 2 there where 2 Ben's ( 1 per box) 1190%ers and 26 40%ers. Other than that my average is about 1 40%er per box at least but its sporadic. Honestly its all on luck and not with the company you get them from. But with that said I will say that brinks services all coinstar machines and the coinstars reject silver so that could be why there is a lower average for brinks boxes.

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only get brinks. From what I have heard there bad but from my experience they can be great! One Thursday about 3 weeks ago I picked up 2 boxes and between the 2 there where 2 Ben's ( 1 per box) 1190%ers and 26 40%ers. Other than that my average is about 1 40%er per box at least but its sporadic. Honestly its all on luck and not with the company you get them from. But with that said I will say that brinks services all coinstar machines and the coinstars reject silver so that could be why there is a lower average for brinks boxes.

Dude that's an awesome score!!! Thanks for the info about them servicing coinstar too :D

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't get skunked! a bunch a NIFCs a 1974 gold plated? And a 1966 40%er!

Attachments

• image-3760691568.jpg
    image-3760691568.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 132

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is like a box of coins, you never know what you'll find! All I get is brinks too, the best box we had was 49 silvers, we always get 10 boxes and the record is 96 silver between all 10. I think it just depends on who is dumping the good stuff!

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I've done is Brinks. I am up to 8 boxes and have found 8 90%, 23 40%, 2 proofs, 2 gold plated and 24 NIFC.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I've never found a silver half in a packaged box. My 7 year old found a clad commemorative proof, but that's it. Over the last 30 days I've actually found more keepers hunting other peoples dumps (2 clad proofs) that I have hunting boxes (7-year olds clad commemorative proof). Boxes been bone dry here.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been getting nothing but brinks boxes and 2 that I got from work, I found 3 WNs, 1 error coin (I think its a cud error. Makes jefferson look like hannibal lector with the face mask on. Really cool), and 3 gold toned jeffersons. I stopped at another bank and asked for one box and they said they over-ordered and that I could have as many boxes as I wanted. I was pooped out from running around town and taking my sick cat to the vet, so I just got 2 boxes of nickels. haven't gone through those yet. Now I am just on the lookout for a collapsible handcart or plans for one that I can make myself. Then I can just roll into my dump bank, especially nice after I get my surgery done and can't do any lifting for 2 months. ::groans::

Sincerely, GarouLady

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any carrier can be a great supplier; It all depends on what your area is like. Some CRH's only dump with certain carriers to minimize searching their dumps. All depends if you have high volume hunters in your area...

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me brinks is hit or miss i either get skunked or find 10 to 30

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol i like brinks now :P I had a bunch of keepers out of two I just did

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up on Loomis and Garda since all the boxes are just repacked dumps with never any silver and often short. I only order from banks serviced by Brinks now.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was skunked on my last 4 brinks boxes.. Hope to end the steak next week!

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was skunked on my last 4 brinks boxes.. Hope to end the steak next week!

^
Yeah post 100! Full member status, When do they send me my prize:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread