How many of you have actually CRHed (small) dollar coins????

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
How many of you have actually CRH'ed (small) dollar coins????

Might as well get this subsection rolling, with an honest question. "How many of you have actually ordered/looked through/dumped dollar coins?"

I will be the first to answer this question and say I have on a few occasions. The first was accidental, and small dollars came in instead of ikes. went through them found a few SBA's. The main reason I look through dollar coins is to find 1979-wide rims, 1999, or 1981 SBAs, which are worth at the very least to collectors $2. I've since ordered twice after that, and I've found a total of 4 1979 wide-rims, which I'm pretty proud of. you find some interesting things, like Canadian dollar coins.

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one knows how many CAMs were minted, but I'm sure there were at least a couple hundred if 40 have been found so far.

If there have been 40 or so found, I bet there have to be several thousand out there (don't get me wrong - I'm not talking hundreds of thousands- it's a legitimately rare coin) - the reason being it's not as obvious as other errors like doubled dies, etc, and there are fewer people searching for them.
I would bet that the '69 s dbl die is much more rare than the CAMs, even though a similar # have been found.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
If there have been 40 or so found, I bet there have to be several thousand out there (don't get me wrong - I'm not talking hundreds of thousands- it's a legitimately rare coin) - the reason being it's not as obvious as other errors like doubled dies, etc, and there are fewer people searching for them.
I would bet that the '69 s dbl die is much more rare than the CAMs, even though a similar # have been found.

Yeah, I got that number from the Lincoln cent resource forums. There have only been 3 1992 P CAMs found though, to my knowledge. The rest are from the Denver mint. You are right on the 69s DBL die vs 92 CAM. An ordinary person will never notice a 92 CAM whereas they MIGHT notice a 69s DBL die.

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To get us back on track....

Yes I grab dollar coins like a few other posters said, it makes the tellers happy. I was also surprised at 2 tellers in one bank today that jumped at the chance to dump their Ikes on me. One said "They screw up my tray and fall all over. They just don't fit anywhere". Lesson here, I made a friend by eliminating her problem... End result: I will dump them on the teller that was so pissy to me last week when I asked if they had any customer rolled coins or half dollars in stock!

I am keeping a nice shiny SBA I found today, but haven't found any of the modern coins that are missing the letters. If it wasn't $25 locked up per roll I'd probably do more.

Dump bank here I come!

JMB

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what an unopened box would sell for?

197_5947_ucp.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what an unopened box would sell for?

197_5947_ucp.jpg

Why would someone sell it unopened? If they want to sell it for the coins, they will sell them in the holder. If not, I don't know why someone would sell a full box of Cheerios that are no longer fresh.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Why would someone sell it unopened? If they want to sell it for the coins, they will sell them in the holder. If not, I don't know why someone would sell a full box of Cheerios that are no longer fresh.

Whoever buys it looks at it as a lottery ticket right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread