ikes

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bank today the teller had a few ikes in her tray. When I asked about them she replied that she had a lot. I said I'd take all of them. She had 50$ worth. Told me "there is some old ones in there probably silver"

I felt my heart start pounding. Get outside and low and behold. SKUNK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup bought a soda at lunch and the teller was all like @@####%%%$# lol

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Time for a spicy McChicken and a diet coke! :laughing7:

I have enough trouble babying the cashiers around here about what half dollars, $2s, gold dollars, and Suzie B's are, I can only imagine what one of my local McDonald's would do if I tried to give them Ikes! :laughing7:

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so fun when the cashier asks the Crew Trainer if they can take them, and then the Crew Trainer has to ask the Manager. Gives me a big Santa Clause belly chuckle every time.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are fun to buy Girl Scout cookies with, the girls laugh and have a blast with them... since they have never seen one. Had a mother saying how cool they were and kids cracking up, then a grumpy father said "whatever its not worth anything". So i said "Actually they are worth a dollar!" The little girl scout quickly pops off "YEAH DAD, ARE YOU STUPID!!" I have a hunch from the look he gave that she got grounded =(

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ike, Ike, Ike's our Man!
If Ike can't do it nobody can.

Now, if I could just sell some of mine for a profit, I'd be pestering a few vault tellers to TRY to order some.
At least the Grand Kids will have fun playing with, "Those big coins", after I'm gone.

I sure hope they're still worth a crisp cotton/linen piece of paper by that time.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
GDS61019.jpg

on a side note he was the first president to ever have a frozen treat
esq-dwight-eisenhower-popsicle-lg.jpg

8322959-usa--circa-1980-a-stamp-shows-image-portrait-dwight-david-ike-eisenhower-october-14-1890--march-28-1.jpg

if you don't like ike, then you musta wrecked on a mountain bike

I'm starting to even think about changing my avatar to Ike, perhaps every true ike fan can show their appreciation of the man, the myth, the legend, Dwight. D. Eisenhower.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread