1st teller tray find

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done.

I too pulled my first teller tray silver half (1967) this weekend. Coincidentally, it was also from $7.00 loose. The teller's response was "thanks for taking this crap, nobody ever asks for these."

I'll be hitting up that branch every time I'm in the area.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I do that a lot. Its really bad when they start counting them out on the counter and it is going ching ching cging from the silver halfs they are throwing down and you just KNOW everyone else in the bank hears it.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do that a lot. Its really bad when they start counting them out on the counter and it is going ching ching cging from the silver halfs they are throwing down and you just KNOW everyone else in the bank hears it.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that 99.9% of people wouldn't notice it. Even I, after trying for years, can't really distinguish the ring of silver unless I hear an example of a positive and negative. (Both silver and clad sound "ding" to me, just different tones. I don't remember which tone is the silver tone and which is the copper tone)

beebs88

May 5, 2013
I happened to go into the bank inside the supermarket while the wife was shopping and bought all they had $40 worth. There were 5-40%. I then went to 3 more super markets that had banks inside from the excitement and pulled another 7-40%. Don't pass up on the grocery store banks!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'll call Walmart around me and ask of they have rolls of halves I mean they have to

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you just hate it when they tell the whole bank " looks like you've got a silver " ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread