boxes? Ya we got boxes!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a neighbor I hold a grudge with so I'm trying to get him robbed. Every week the night before pickup he gets 28 empty half boxes stacked in front of his house. I always take down his ACE security stickers, and sometimes even hack into and dismantle his system. He has a loaded firearm or so he thinks, I was over there for dinner once and unloaded it without him knowing. He's screwed

Dodeskaden

Dec 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering what does every one do with all their empty boxes.?

I rip them into large sections and shred them. I bought a fairly heavy-duty $100 shredder a few tears ago and would never go back to the smaller cheapies I used before. I don't want anyone to see these boxes on or around my property. It's just advertising too temptingly to thieves IMO.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering what does every one do with all their empty boxes.?

:coffee2: It's against the law to burn outdoor trash here. I go to public trashcans or dumpsters in other areas & dump them there. It's pretty easy to do as I do it when I'm dumping my coins. Some places have dumpsters for cardboard only. I will put the boxes in them first so hopefully they get recycled. I never put them in my trash or in a trashcan by my house. Don't want to advertise what I have in the house.

HH
Gary

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
yo, Thorne, your question leads to another question and that is it depends on the box. For brinks half dollar boxes, past couple dozen or so of them, I've filled with bricks, and sat them at random places at night. Side of highway, side of rural road, side of sidewalk in a town, any place you can think of, I even dumped 5 boxes with bricks in broad day light downtown right beside a trash can. I ran out of bricks, a few boxes ago, plan on using stone/rock from now on. i get so much enjoyment out of doing this, that I plan on buying a good deer camera (one with sound) and having it capture people's reactions on camera. dawg, the reaction is gonna be priceless. Funny you mention this thread, I have a "box" I plan on "dumping" within the hour.
IMG_4210.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4213.JPG

Cent, Nickel, Quarter, Dime, boxes I just burn. the loomis/garda/dunbar half boxes, I sometimes fill with books, fit pretty well, but they are not as noticeable. (I saw one sit on the side of the road for a few weeks, and rain ruined it, I went and retrieved the ruined book because it was trash that woulda sat there for a long long time) Thus, they fall apart pretty easily, so I've been burning them lately.

Also, IMPORTANT to all the people and their so-called excuses about burning boxes:Cardboard is not "trash" it is combustible, useable as a fuel source, simply make hot-dog's over the "fire abatement" laws, and you'll be fine. You could turn around and sue the local municipality if they went ahead and fined you for burning boxes if you were using them without other trash, simply to make hot dogs; there is a great history of these cases in many states obviously the judge with go ahead with the stare decisis.

Last edited:

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a neighbor I hold a grudge with so I'm trying to get him robbed. Every week the night before pickup he gets 28 empty half boxes stacked in front of his house. I always take down his ACE security stickers, and sometimes even hack into and dismantle his system. He has a loaded firearm or so he thinks, I was over there for dinner once and unloaded it without him knowing. He's screwed

Wow. You sure do take that grudge seriously. Good luck with that.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use them for shipping Ebay crap that I sell. The square Brinks half box work well for a lot of small items.

I just turn them inside out.

borlamm1

Jan 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicken s%et!!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep one box to store my 40% with and the rest get dumped into the large garbage cans at the local boat ramps when I put in my boat. I dont waste gas that way and the Dept of Conservation has their trash sorted for recyclables so I know its not going to a landfill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions