IKE help

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Any thoughts are which IKE's are worth keeping? I picked some up at lunch (I'll post the full story this evening) and need a little help on what to look for. I don't have a book with me so a couple questions off the top, did they make 90% IKE's? Are '73's or '73-D's worth keeping? I have little IKE experience so any advice at all is appreciated.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any thoughts are which IKE's are worth keeping? I picked some up at lunch (I'll post the full story this evening) and need a little help on what to look for. I don't have a book with me so a couple questions off the top, did they make 90% IKE's? Are '73's or '73-D's worth keeping? I have little IKE experience so any advice at all is appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is some info on Ikes at coinflaion
Eisenhower Silver Dollar Melt Value - Coinflation should help I think

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
These are for the Eisenhower dollars:

Look for any of the following:

FEV = 1971-D (FEV) Friendly Eagle Variety: http://www.ikegroup.info/?page_id=216

1972 Type II: http://www.ebay.com/gds/1972-type-1-2-3-eisenhower-dollars/10000000002147718/g.html

Also, keep any from 1973 (those were not intended for circulation, NIFC), any 'S' mint coins (some of the S mint coins are 40% silver: the only ones that could be silver are 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1976). Also any that are in really nice uncirculated condition.

Last edited:

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many unlisted varieties for the Ike dollar series its amazing, I could go on for days about which ones to keep an eye out for. Good news though the 71-D FEV will be listed in the 2014 red book so those of us holding on to them are expecting an increase in prices so now would be a good time to keep your eyes peeled for one. The two other major varieties not listed i would keep an eye out for as well would be the 74-S proof clear S mint mark along with the 71-S proof nightcrawler......

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks for the info everyone. When I finished going through them I'll post the totals in a new thread. I have a decent halves score and story to go along with it all. Again, thanks for the education.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found an Ike that only weighs 19 grams and its not beat up/worn, I've tried opening it to see if its a Magicians coin, no go.. Any Ideas??

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found an Ike that only weighs 19 grams and its not beat up/worn, I've tried opening it to see if its a Magicians coin, no go.. Any Ideas??

Sound test. Magicians coins sound hollow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread