Great day of treasure hunting and CRH!

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a crazy day of treasure hunting for me! I started the morning off driving around in my neighborhood since it was garbage day. What I usually do Is scrap the metal people throw away and then buy Silver Rounds with the money I get. This morning yielded $66 dollars in metal in about a half hour and a Cavalier Cedar Chest from the 50's in A+ condition.

I happened to notice a coin store that I've never noticed before on the way to the scrapyard. I stopped in and inquired about silver rounds. They said they only had 13 American Silver Eagles. I asked to see them. They were all random dates and the price was only $25 each (which is a steal considering they have been going for $30-$33 dollars around here lately). I bought 2, a 1998 and a 1994 in perfect sealed condition. I am fairly new to ASE's but the ebay price for both are around $50-$60 each!! I feel I just bought $120 potential dollars in coins for $50!

Also, I called some antique furniture stores around me and I can sell the Cedar Chest for $100-$150 to a few of these stores that are willing to buy it! Score!

Now onto the CRH boxes:

Box 1: Skunk

Box 2: 1 1933 Canadian Dime! 0.80% Silver!

Box 3: Skunk

Box 4: 1 1956 Roosie!!

Box 5: 1 1934 Merc!! My first ever!

So to recap: $66 dollars in scrap metal that helped purchase 2 ASE's for $50, in which they might be worth about $50 each to a collector, 1 old Canadian silver dime, 1 1954 Roosie, and a 1934 (w mint mark??) Merc!!

Great Day for me!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds Mkelly315!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The W is not a mintmark. It's actually an anagram "AW" for the designer Adolph Weinman. The mintmark is on the back of the coin, at the bottom, to the right of the "E" in "ONE".

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Dad, is that you? Sounds just like the old man's daily fun.

Good scores.

OP
OP
M

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help!

Nice finds! The W is not a mintmark. It's actually an anagram "AW" for the designer Adolph Weinman. The mintmark is on the back of the coin, at the bottom, to the right of the "E" in "ONE".

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1933 Canadian dime could be worth a few dollars over melt if it's in good shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread