Cointracker.com full of s*%&?

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so I was on cointracker.com today looking at half dollars. It lists a 1969d Kennedy half dollar as having a numismatic value of 50 cents while a 1976d has a value of $2? What nonsense is this!? If that site was accurate the box of halves I got today would be worth thousands lol

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, don't use cointracker. I don't know why their values are so off, but they are. It doesn't help that they are number 1 anytime you google a US coin, they give people a false idea of what their coins are worth. Stick to the Redbook or eBay.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm looking just for the silver...any one had issues with coinflation?

Coinflation is very accurate because its simply a mathematic formula, it takes the current spot price times the amount of silver in the coin.

But there are some coins worth many multiple times their silver content which naturally coinflation really isn't going to help you with too much.

LawrenceMR

Mar 29, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinflation is very accurate because its simply a mathematic formula, it takes the current spot price times the amount of silver in the coin.

But there are some coins worth many multiple times their silver content which naturally coinflation really isn't going to help you with too much.

True...after about 6 - 9 months of researching I finally bought a box of dimes and nickels. I know what to look for with regaurds to silver and I have gotten a bunch of info from this, and other sites. There is so much out there to look for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread