vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
Until someone replies - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that is a pretty pounded area, I remember someone complaining about skunks there.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never crh in the West coast. Do you guys typically find alot of s mintage coins & circulated proofs in your change?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea San Francisco is a hot spot hit up each bank and buy all they can sell you.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I am in the area but haven't hunted San Francisco for CWR. I would not waste your time trying to preorder boxes but with your luck you will find another banner.

Boxes have been horrible but today's box turned up a Bender but it was the only keeper in the box.

HH,
65GT350 Bender.JPG

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in the South Bay , if you want halves order boxes they aren't great but I've tried tellers and always get dumps. Bring lots of P mint coins all we get is D and S biz strike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well haven't done any CRH but the weather is great. Doing mostly tourist things and business meetings. Great city but the panhandlers are everywhere...might get a chance to CRH over in Chinatown.

Maine_Jim

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from sf and only do CWR. I try to hit each neighborhood once every two weeks. Pickings are slim and lots of competition and sniping tellers.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well I'm back from SF and the grand total was 3 wheat pennies! All came from change. Didn't hit single bank!:headbang: Spent the whole time just having fun and didn't even crave one visit to the bank.
Now back to business - gotta pick up all those boxes that are on regular order and waiting for me! :headbang::headbang:

Maine_Jim

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm back from SF and the grand total was 3 wheat pennies! All came from change. Didn't hit single bank!:headbang: Spent the whole time just having fun and didn't even crave one visit to the bank.
Now back to business - gotta pick up all those boxes that are on regular order and waiting for me! :headbang::headbang:

Maine_Jim

How'd you get out of Cali with three cents no one leaves with money were broke,! Jerry the fairy must be slip pin'! LP.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a good time in SF. It really is a nice city. Glad to see you could stay out of the banks. Too much to see and do in SF to waste time in them on vacation. Good luck with boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread