CRHing and COUNTERFEIT MONEY! READ THIS GUYS!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, today really sucked! So I'm out doing my normal dumping and picking up and I left my last dump bank which is right next to one of my pickup banks, I go into my pickup bank and hand my friendly vault teller my $2000.00 for 4 boxes, she counts it and then runs it through her little counting machine ( which also determines counterfeit bills, I didn't know that), she looks at me and says "did you just get this money before you came here?" I said yes, I just left BofA from dumping coins, she said 2 of these hundreds are fake and I'm sorry but I can't give them back to you, I have to send them to the Secret Service. Ok, so what do I do now I asked her, she said, like a smart ass ( we kid with each other all the time) "well, first you need to give me $200 more for your halves lol and I'll give you some paper work for the bills that you can take back to BofA and show them, hopefully they will work with you, didn't the girl run your money through the machine before she gave it to you? Nope, she just counted it and gave it to me, I didn't think anything of it, so she told me to ALLWAYS have them run it through the counting machine, it checks for counterfeit bills, again, I didn't know that, I thought it was just a counting machine. So she gave me the papers to take to the bank and show them.....

Ok, so I go back to BofA and show the lead teller the papers and explained that I just left there 20 min ago and went across the street to My pickup bank and that when I gave them the money their machine said 2 of the bills were fake, so she starts going into this long drawn out explanation on how all their money comes from the central vault and they check it there and it is impossible it came from them and Blah blah blah, so I stopped her in the middle of it and said listen, they came from here, I just left here with them, your teller didn't run them through her machine, just counted them out infront of me. So she asks if the other bank called the Secret Service to check and see if the numbers came up as counterfeit, I said no, she gave me this paperwork and put the same in an envelope with the fake bills to send them to them. So the lady says she is going to call them real qwik and verify the bill numbers to see if they come up, 20 min later she comes back and says that they are not on the counterfeit bill list and that there is really nothing they could do about it since I allready left them bank with them:icon_scratch:, WHAT! I said listen, if you are telling me that I am out $200.00 because you gave them to me and I didn't catch them before I left your bank, you are OUT OF YOUR MIND LADY! You can't honestly have expected me to just accept that and walk out of here, right? I am not accepting that, so she said, Well, you'll just have to talk to my manger then, ok, bring her over here then, because this is about to get ugly. So the manger came over ( I see and talk to her everyweek when I dump there and pay my mortage), so the lead teller explains everything to her and at the end of it, I say to her you can't expect me to just loose $200.00 right? Because this lady just told me that if they come back counterfiet I'm out the money, which now is making me $200.00 short to pay my mortage with you guys. In the end she asked if I would wait to see what the Secret Service says, if they are good they will send them back to my pickup bank, if they are bad, then we will make the situation right for you Mr so and so. Now I left out the whole argument that the teller who gave me the money came over and started with me and the manger while we were talking, but, she decided to come over and say how it was imposible and she would have caught the bill and how they feel different and if they called and the #'s weren't on the list they're not fake and blah blah blah, I told her that the other bank showed me all that and that the other bank said that if she had just run the money through the counter all of this could have been avoided.

Moral of the story guys, ALLWAYS HAVE THEM RUN YOUR MONEY THROUGH THE BILL COUNTER before you leave with it, right now I;m out $200.00 in CRHing money and have to wait weeks now to only start another fight again with them if the bills do in fact come back as fakes:BangHead:. Hope this advice helps out some of you! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I brought in the paper work to the bank and of course I get the " Oh, my boss is on vacation till Monday, let me write everything down and we will call you", I told her that she said she would take care of this as soon as I brought in the paper work and here it is, now I still have to wait? So I told them I'd see them again next week when I bring in my dumps as normal and I expect to have this thing wrapped up, then again I get the "you are a valued customer and we will take care of you don't worry" . So, I guess I'll have to wait 1 more week to update this thread again, hopefully get my money and end this thread, lol. HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like progress will be made, I think it was just a coincidence that she was on vacation, she probrably wasn't even thinking about her vacation at the time of her telling you that next time you come in it would be taken care of... maybe she thought you were coming in sooner?
Best of luck to getting your cash back, I always ask the tellers for older style bills back as change but I always check them before leaving, plus these come right out of a money counting machine so I doubt it would pass on fakes since it reads the security features or something like that.
hh
buff

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I would have run a test. tell them to get their existing $100 bills and run THOSE. If you got two, chances are there were more. If they ran the ones in her drawer and found even ONE that was fake, it would support your story a LOT more. It would show probable correlation that you received the 2 fake ones from them.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I brought in the paper work to the bank and of course I get the " Oh, my boss is on vacation till Monday, let me write everything down and we will call you", I told her that she said she would take care of this as soon as I brought in the paper work and here it is, now I still have to wait? So I told them I'd see them again next week when I bring in my dumps as normal and I expect to have this thing wrapped up, then again I get the "you are a valued customer and we will take care of you don't worry" . So, I guess I'll have to wait 1 more week to update this thread again, hopefully get my money and end this thread, lol. HH, Maverick.

There's still time to pursue this as a legal case..... Don't go back for the $100's call a lawyer and explain the whole situation as I perfectly explained in my aforementioned posts.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There's still time to pursue this as a legal case..... Don't go back for the $100's call a lawyer and explain the whole situation as I perfectly explained in my aforementioned posts.

I really don't feel the need to pursue legal action against them, I'm sure I will get my money back, they have everything they need now as far as proof from the Secret Service, next week this should be over.

Besides the fact that I am able to dump thousands of dollars on them every week because of my history and investments with them, that in it self is worth waaayyy more to me than trying to sue them or take legal action against them, which undoubtedly would get me shut right down and I can't have that happen, low profile and low key is the way to be in this hobby. I'll get my money back ( which is all I really care about) and still be able to keep dumping on them every week as I have been doing for a year now, I have a good system with them, they know I come in every week and what I do and that I will be doing this for a long time to come, they have accepted that and I want to keep this going for as long as I can. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, qwik update, BofA just called me, she said she spoke with her boss and they have credited my account $100.00, she said her boss told her they would meet me half way since I was a "Valued Customer", she said that because they don't know what happened after I left the bank that they normally wouldn't even do that for me, I asked her if she would accept that if this had happened to her being a customer, she said she couldn't answer that question, so I said I guess I have to speak to her boss then, because meeting me half way and me loosing $100.00 was just not acceptable, she said that BofA was loosing too, oh well, so now I wait some more I guess.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those banks...

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck! I'm planning on opening a Bank of America Acc. A few branches in the cities I could hit when I'm around. :-)

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
And lets not mention that all the gas money going back and forth, making copies. That 200 bucks after everything is said and done, now is costing you 300 dollars and BOA isn't losing nothing. 1 two hundred dollars over the millions they make a year is not even a drop to them. as for the boss being on vacation, sounds like my cancer doctor. In a month of me being on treatment, he's been on vacation for 2 weeks. I have only seen him twice. and the first week while he was on vacation, afterwards we found out that I was getting the wrong treatment. Don't get me wrong. I know people can't work 24/7, but that teller should have either made the call to give you the whole 200 back plus something like a local giftcard or she should have gotten her assistant manager to do it. We have several levels of managers who do this at our workplace just for this reason. If one boss is on vacation, then there are 2-3 others who can take their place. This lack of local customer care is pathetic. as I have learned all the time, you get more with honey than you get with vinegar.

Take care and may the silver gods smile on you,
GarouLady

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked her if she would accept that if this had happened to her being a customer, she said she couldn't answer that question

american_idol_simon_tired_disappointed_face-300x172.gif

izzaquack

Greenie
Jul 25, 2013
Kansas City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BoA sucks! You really got to watch your accounts with them. They do not care two cents about you. If they can screw you they will

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing happened to me, got 1500 from one bank (wf), went straight down the street to another bank, they would only accept 1400 of it.
They know me, and didn't confiscate it, they knew I just came from bank down the street. She even tried to pull the numbers up on the computer, but the system was down for tracking the numbers..

When I went back to wf, and that asst mgr told me, I had left the bank with it, I told him I was at the drive thru, never "in" the bank, and I told the girl to mark them all. He tried to infer, I may have swapped it, I told him, dude, I had $14 on me when I come get this $1500, where I gonna get another 100 from, and I am not a crook! He tried to say the other bank, they may could have swapped it. I said NO. Before the mgr at that other bank would take it just around the corner to come out to where I was, her and the teller initialed it, so I would know it was the same bill. I told him, I done business with both of you for over 20 yrs and something ain't right here, at this bank.

He called me in his office, (thank god I was dressed nice and not on some home depot run or something). I told him I could give him the names and numbers to the ladys in the other bank, etc, blah blah, blah. In the end, because I had/have been a "valued customer", he was going to give me another $100. Hey, I was grateful. He had mentioned that he could go back over the video tape, so I told him please do, and I really hope he doesn't have a inside problem with his teller. Them other tellers have known me 20 yrs or more, I didn't know that one that gave me that money that day. I got lucky. but......

Mine was an older 1950 something bill, he said when he researches it and if he has to send it in, it still may come back as a good bill, just an older one. I think I got a pic of it, somewhere under the currencies thread.

Also heads up on $100 bills with serial number beginning BL. While I was in Australia during their summer(our winter), none of the money exchanges would take a BL 100 bill. They said the plates had been stolen beginning in BL and they had no way to confirm whether they were counterfeit or not. Their money is different(actually made from plastic) and they don't have even those pens to check American money. The Chinese and Japanese shops took them from me just fine, but I always had to buy something. So if you leave USA with 100's, make sure they don't start in BL.
Mav, I would appeal to that mgr that told you if they were counterfeit, the bank would make it right. I would expect a business person to do, what they tell me they are going to do. Tell her to file an insurance claim to get the bank reimbursed, surely they carry insurance for them things, don't they?
Good luck and good lesson for all of us to learn from.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I guess I am going to loose out on the last $100.00 from BofA, I just got off the phone with the branch managers boss, we had a long conversation, he explained his side for meeting me halfway and I explained my side for wanting to be fully credited for the $200.00, in the end I left it at us just agreeing to disagree. There are several reasons that I am going to let this go, the biggest being that I am able to dump thousands and thousands of halves on these guys a week and that in its self is worth the last $100.00 that I lost out on, if I was to go higher up and really cause a stink, I may loose this privelage and that would cost me waayyyy more in the end, I make well over what I lost from them every week doing this hobby and don't want to ruin what I have going with them. In the end I feel I made the right decision. He did ask me why I go to another bank and buy coins from them when he could serve me in anyway that I needed, so I explained to him that I coin collect with my kids to raise them right and spend family time with them and that how I felt that society is crumbling because of not enough interaction and and family time with todays youth, and that buying my coins from one of his branches and them turning them back in was just kinda rude IMO, he thought very highly of that and said that I could order what ever I wanted when ever I wanted and there would never be a problem with that, and if there ever was, to contact him and he would take care of it.

I understand his side of it and that the bills could have been switched by me or someone else along the way after I left the branch, his basis of meeting me halfway was not that they gave me counterfeit bills but that he was doing the right thing for a long time customer, I told him that we would leave it at that, he again said to feel free to call him if I ever wanted to order my coins from him instead of the other bank or if I ever had any problem turning in the coins at any of his branches. I am hoping I have an Ace in the hole with him now for my CRHing and any problems that may arise from it ( except getting counterfeit bills though I guess lol). So, I guess this thread is done now.

Moral of the story ( at least for me) is, Make sure to have your money run through the counters everytime no matter what and don't be the guy that complains when you could loose alot more in the end ( Like some that I have seen on here that will actually go as far as calling a manger over to complain about some stupid teller that won't give you the 2 lousy 40's that are sitting in her tray, I find this to be really stupid on your part and you run the risk of loosing more in the end). Hope this thread helped to inform some who may encounter this in the future, or to help you not encounter this in the future. HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You shouldve told him that he should get you a weekly Ike order and you'd call it even. :)

Sorry you still lost out on the $100, but you took it better than most of us would have, I think.

- DS

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You shouldve told him that he should get you a weekly Ike order and you'd call it even. :)

Sorry you still lost out on the $100, but you took it better than most of us would have, I think.

- DS

Hey DS, yes it sucks but, I just dumped $6000.00 on them this morning and if I couldn't do that, I would not have been able to get the 75 40's and 2 90's that I have found allready this week, 3 of them are Bicentenials too, so I am ok with the whole thing now, ya know, kinda like don't cut off your nose dis spite your face lol. I realize that in the end I'm making out on them. HH, Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey DS, yes it sucks but, I just dumped $6000.00 on them this morning and if I couldn't do that, I would not have been able to get the 75 40's and 2 90's that I have found allready this week, 3 of them are Bicentenials too, so I am ok with the whole thing now, ya know, kinda like don't cut off your nose dis spite your face lol. I realize that in the end I'm making out on them. HH, Maverick.

I had been wondering how you had been doing; I figured you had still been pretty busy since I hadn't heard from you lately. congrats on the silvers!

(I would still ask about Ikes though!)

- DS

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had been wondering how you had been doing; I figured you had still been pretty busy since I hadn't heard from you lately. congrats on the silvers!

(I would still ask about Ikes though!)

- DS

It has been crazy busy here, it is my peak season for work right now, but I am allways hunting halves lol, this week started out real good with that awsome bag, but the last 8 boxes I did yesterday and today were all skunks, I'm going to post after I get my last 2 boxes on Friday, I'm hoping to break 100 coins this week, hopefully. I haven't forgot about you, I'll try and make some time tonight to look through my Bens for you :).

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been crazy busy here, it is my peak season for work right now, but I am allways hunting halves lol, this week started out real good with that awsome bag, but the last 8 boxes I did yesterday and today were all skunks, I'm going to post after I get my last 2 boxes on Friday, I'm hoping to break 100 coins this week, hopefully. I haven't forgot about you, I'll try and make some time tonight to look through my Bens for you :).

Haha it's alright no rush! Good luck Friday! Can't wait for results!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread