First good day in a while.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To start off my last six boxes of dimes have been skunks. I usually average just under one per box so I have been getting kind of feed up with them. I usually expect a lot of skunky half boxes but not dimes. Anyways, I didn't want to get any more dimes today so I called about thirty minutes from my house that usually has some halves. They had $450 so I headed down there. When I got there the teller helping me had a few rolls already sitting out on the counter. After They gave me the $450 from the vault I asked if I could get them as well. She seemed kind of reluctant. She kept on telling me that she has to count them first and that she could sell them yet. I told her that I would wait If she wanted to check them now. She finally agreed and began to pull them out. In the mean time I went out to my car to grab a bucket to put everything in. I can back in to find that she was only counting two rolls! There had to be at least four probably five rolls sitting out on the counter when I walked in! It was a little bit frustrated out about that but I decided not to say anything since they had just given $450 in halves. Well it turns out one of the extra rolls produced the only silver. 2 64's and a 69. Maybe those other rolls that she didn't give me had more? Oh well, it's my first silver in a while so I'm happy.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds 44_Dimes.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The reason you didn't find any silver in the rolls from the vault is because the teller who "counts" each roll also pulls the silver from them. I'm sure she didn't want to sell you any rolls she hadn't checked first, but felt obligated to, and sold you the two she had in front of her, one of which she didn't have time to "count". I'd definitely turn that into a dump bank, for halves at least.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. She was acting really reluctant about selling me those rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread