Its happening, people are going to ruin a perfectly good bank

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's happening, people are going to ruin a perfectly good bank

A bank local to me, the ONLY one I've found that will sell me bags. I've been going to them for about a year now.

They mentioned they'd order me halves a few months ago so I said why not, and bought halves along with bags of pennies nickels and dimes.

Well, I went this week and had good luck with the boxes so I came back and asked for any more boxes or rolls from that shipment, and they said they were out. And that they had FOURTEEN more on order, including mine.

In particular, these awesome tellers who have been so nice to me, mentioned that someone walked in that week and ordered SIX BOXES. Just walk in and order 3k worth of halves.

That branch is not going to keep doing that kind of thing. I'm getting pretty frustrated here, that my bag source might be cut off because of idiots.

:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GlenDronach

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always offer to bring the bags of coins to the holding area, most tellers say no thanks, but some take up the offer and really appreciate me not making them do the heavy lifting, especially the women.
It can't hurt to ask if you can help them carry the bags, afterall, it only looks better on your part too.

I do the same. I also know how to unjam the machine if it clogs up, especially with halves, and they usually just let me unjam it for them and they're happy that they don't have to call out the repair truck. I've never had anyone take me up on carrying the bags either.

On a side note, of just being nice to everybody, today I was at the hardware store getting some stuff for the landscaping, and some lady was shouting all sorts of obscenities at every worker there, including the teenage girls. She was literally insane with rage, she was just hurling insults and mf'ers at everyone, regardless of who they were and whatever made her mad.

That's the kind of stuff service workers deal with every day, it helps to just be kind and appreciative, and go that extra distance for them.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one walks into a bank cold and "orders" anything. They ask. Then it is up to the bank to say yes or no. Your anger really stems from the fact that your "steady girl" that you wined and dined will put out for anyone off the street.

Hahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh cards!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I really dont understand why everyone is ordering boxes of halves and searching them and wasting their time CRH when you can just walk into a bank and ask for "PRE-65 COINS"

OP
OP
GlenDronach

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really dont understand why everyone is ordering boxes of halves and searching them and wasting their time CRH when you can just walk into a bank and ask for "PRE-65 COINS"

Yea, I was doing that, but it wasn't sportsman-like. They'd just hand over handfuls of silver coins to me. I decided to quit and start searching the boxes on the off chance that I might find some.

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh cards!

Darn!
Now you tell me. All that time I've been wasting, makes me just feel sick!
I can hardly wait until tomorrow. I'll go to the bank next to my office and ask for 10 rolls of 3 Cent pieces, a couple rolls of various Barber series coins and a roll of 1918 Walkers. Think they might have some 1914-D copper disks with Honest Abe in the front too?
Thanks for letting me know how to do it right, and I'm glad I didn't have to pay $5 for a pamphlet providing this wisdom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions