Fathers Day - In memory of.. Should I or Shouldnt I?

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Father's Day - In memory of.. Should I or Shouldn't I?

<Sighs> I'm depressed. It's been 2 years since my dad died, (they don't call it the widow maker for nothing, he was only 56 years old), and I was thinking about visiting his tombstone tomorrow. we use to go to coin shows all the time when I was a teen. He would get a couple of morgans, some wheats or indians and some buffalos, while I bought bullion, some morgans and for me, I love Foreign coinage. Didn't care about mintage, just what was on the coin. I like coins with animals or designs on them. But I was thinking about taking a morgan and slipping it into the ground, under his headstone in memory. I figure if its under the ground, no one will see it. But then I wondering about making a memorium stone at our house for my dad and put the coin under that. Hmmm, thinking, thinking. I need to cheer myself up and go through my coins again.

See ya,
GarouLady

Upvote 0

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your spending time remembering the time spent with your dad looking for coins and such is probably having the effect on you he intended it to have.....I believe your sticking with the hobby is a living memorandom to your father.,,.you see a coin differently than I do.....and that my dear is a gift from your father.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread