Ag below $20!!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Silver And Copper have no relationship to one another..

Fiddy- I like you- but really.... No relationship? That logic is completely insane as you say.
Just for starters; Both Commodities, both metal, both mined, both in jewelry, both in industrial, both in coin and slowly removed as thier value over run face and mint cost. In fact, as far as all comodities and all physicals on all of the exchanges- they are MOST related and move almost perfectly in sinc with each other. Becasue- the Dollar and Demand affect both in the same manner regardless of the intended end use of the metal. As the one and only caveat I'll give to thier difference- the housing market and industrial output tend to move copper more than silver---where silver is moved as a hedge against other investments such as stocks, bonds and treasuries. Overlay Copper and Silver charts for any timeframe- 3 months to 10 years- they will show thier very apparent relationship.
Thier day to day moves are the same most of the time- i.e. 1.12 and 1.06% increases today. If Silver had not moved more parobolic in late 2009 early 2010 on it's overrun to 49.00 the charts would be virtually identical.

Suppose I could be wrong in some view - but my original statements stand- as I still don't see a logical justification for silver dropping 9% <- that's what I'd like to hear argument for...
PEACE

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you are saying 1more4me. They way I see it is that as you say, silver is used as a hedge against other investments such as bonds and stocks. I would also say that it is a hedge against inflation. As fears of a recession and inflation have subsided, the spot price of silver has been going down to its inherent traded value. As copper wasn't used as a hedge against a bad economy, I wouldn't expect it to fall at the same rate during these economic times. It just wouldn't make sense.

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quote from bloomberg: Silver tumbled 34 percent this year, making it the worst-performing commodity. It reached a record $49.8044 an ounce in London in April 2011. Prices could drop to $10 to $15 “in days or weeks,” according to Robin Bhar, an analyst at Societe Generale SA in London.

For the next two years I think silver (and gold for that matter) will continue to fall as confidence in the American economy grows... maybe not as fast as the above analyst but I could definitely see AG hitting $17 by the end of the summer and $15 by the end of the year.

If it does drop to $15 by July that means that the economy must be really turning around (or be perceived as turning around).

To me this is a win-win. Silver drops and the dollar is worth more, wages are higher. So we will be able to afford more of a commodity which is getting cheaper... pretty sweet in my opinion.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealers at the Whitman show today weren't paying jack on 90 or 40. Was offered 14x on a decent amount of 90% I was flipping for a friend, and 5x on even more 40%. It wasn't that long ago when 20x and 8x were easy to get. Heck, I got 16.5x just last week for a roll.

If you've been buying, cut your losses and wait for a further drop. If you haven't been dumping, start dumping your physical. Don't want to be left holding the bag, do we?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread